NEWTON, Mass.--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Today McKesson Health Solutions announced that nearly 500 payers and providers purchased or renewed InterQual®, the company’s flagship evidence-based clinical decision support solution, and related automation tools between January and June of 2015. These new licenses and renewals were signed by a broad array of private and public health plans, hospitals and health systems from across the country.
In addition to strong demand for InterQual® Criteria, payers and providers also licensed several other McKesson decision support solutions, reflecting the market’s growing need for technology that supports value-based care initiatives, including:
- A commercial payer selected the McKesson Diagnostics Exchange™ to help bring clarity to its molecular diagnostics program. The Diagnostics Exchange is a test identification and policy management solution that helps payers know exactly what test was ordered, performed, and billed.
- Three payers chose InterQual® Coordinated Care Content, which allows them to more efficiently assess and manage high-risk conditions and complex cases.
- Five more payers chose to speed medical reviews and drive administrative efficiency using the InterQual automated authorization and connectivity solutions.
- More than 6,000 people enrolled in an InterQual training program to help ensure the most effective use of the Criteria to guide medically appropriate care.
- Fully 92% of the top 100 hospitals1 and nearly 300 managed care organizations now use InterQual Criteria.
InterQual 2015 introduced 55 new and enhanced evidence-based clinical content areas and extensive updates. Among them are the industry’s first admissions criteria to include comorbidities, criteria for 29 new specialty drugs and 33 new molecular diagnostic tests plus support for gene panels, and much more. These industry firsts help ensure payers and providers have the latest guidance reflecting the most current, best evidence to support value-based care.
InterQual’s evidence-based criteria help improve clinical decision-making across the continuum of care. The InterQual clinical development team synthesizes the most current, best evidence into a fully referenced decision support tool that is reviewed and updated annually. InterQual’s development process, honed over nearly 40 years, is founded on rigorous review of the literature, and includes extensive peer review by practicing clinical experts across America.
For more information, please visit InterQual2015.com. For more information on McKesson Health Solutions, please visit our website, hear from our experts at MHSdialogue, and follow us on Twitter at @McKesson_MHS.
Recent McKesson Health Solutions News
Health Associates of North Dakota Chooses InterQual for State Medicaid
CMS Continues Its Long-Standing Use of InterQual
Over 600 Payers, Providers Chose McKesson InterQual Criteria for Clinical Decision Support
McKesson InterQual 2015 Sets New Standard for Peer-Reviewed Evidence-Based Clinical Content
About McKesson Corporation
McKesson Corporation, currently ranked 11th on the FORTUNE 500, is a healthcare services and information technology company dedicated to making the business of healthcare run better. McKesson partners with payers, hospitals, physician offices, pharmacies, pharmaceutical companies and others across the spectrum of care to build healthier organizations that deliver better care to patients in every setting. McKesson helps its customers improve their financial, operational, and clinical performance with solutions that include pharmaceutical and medical-surgical supply management, healthcare information technology, and business and clinical services. For more information, visit www.mckesson.com.
1 According to the 2015 Truven Health Analytics annual 100 Top Hospitals study, which uses objective research and independent public data to recognize the best hospitals in the United States. The study evaluates hospitals on measures of overall organizational performance, including patient care, operational efficiency, and financial stability.