SANTA CLARA, Calif.--(BUSINESS WIRE)--IP Infusion, Inc., a leading provider of intelligent network software for telecom and data communications services, today announced the general availability of ZebOS®-XP Release 1.3, a next generation network platform which gives network equipment manufacturers greater scalability, bandwidth scaling, and redundancy in mobile backhaul, carrier transport and data networks.
The ZebOS-XP network platform provides the networking software foundation to build next generation, high performance, hyperscale networks. Delivering the critical features for next generation networks, IP Infusion’s ZebOS-XP is designed around SDN-ready attributes including split control plane design, modularity and programmability, high degree of scalability, hardware abstraction to operate on a variety of silicon switching chipsets, and an embedded operating system abstraction to run on a variety of control processors.
Release 1.3 has support for new features and enhancements including:
- VXLAN (Virtual eXtensible Local Area Network) network virtualization tunnels with Unicast and Multicast Support for greater extensibility, higher scalability, and flexibility.
- OSPF segment routing enhancements, including enhanced packet forwarding behavior, automated and native Fast Reroute (FRR) capability; and support for equal-cost multipath (ECMP) routing.
- Multicast Source Discovery Protocol (MSDP) Support to exchange multicast source information between multiple BGP-enabled Protocol Independent Multicast (PIM) sparse-mode domains.
- OpenFlow 1.3 support including additional protocol framework, components and the basic functions of the switch, and the OpenFlow protocol support to manage an OpenFlow switch from a remote controller as defined in openflow-spec-v1.3.0.
- LDP-SSO and MPLS Graceful restart allows a Control Plane Processor to recover from disruption in control plane service (specifically, the LDP component) without losing its MPLS forwarding state.
“With the explosion of data, network managers are challenged to re-invent their data centers and networks to be more cost efficient and bring new services to market faster,” said Kiyo Oishi, CEO and president of IP Infusion. “Network managers are looking to new SDN options, such as the enhancements available through ZebOS-XP 1.3, to give them a network platform with greater network scalability, high availability and improved routing support.”
For more information on IP Infusion ZebOS-XP, please visit www.ipinfusion.com/zebos-xp.
About IP Infusion
IP Infusion, a leading provider of intelligent network software for telecom and data communications services, helps equipment manufacturers to deliver products faster with lower costs and greater differentiation. Over 300 customers worldwide, including all major networking equipment manufacturers, use IP Infusion’s respected ZebOS platform to build networks to address the evolving needs of cloud, carrier and mobile networking. IP Infusion’s OcNOS, the industry’s first carrier and enterprise network operating system for Open Compute hardware, allows for easier implementation of large-scale IT networks, and offers customers white box solutions to deploy more quickly. VirNOS, a NFV-based software platform, provides a carriers and enterprises a cost-effective network OS approach to implement and manage their networking services. IP Infusion is headquartered in Santa Clara, Calif., and is a wholly owned and independently operated subsidiary of ACCESS CO., LTD. Additional information can be found at www.ipinfusion.com.
IP Infusion, ZebOS, VirNOS and OcNOS are trademarks or registered trademarks of IP Infusion. All other trademarks, service marks, registered trademarks, or registered service marks mentioned are the property of their respective owners.