GÖTEBORG, Sweden--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Regulatory News:
The Volvo Group continued to strengthen its profitability in the third quarter of 2015. Operating income excluding restructuring charges amounted to SEK 5.1 billion. This is an improvement of 75% compared with the corresponding quarter in 2014 and the operating margin improved by 2.6 percentage points to 6.9%. Sales amounted to SEK 73.3 billion, which was an increase of 9%. Adjusted for currency movements, sales increased by 1%.
- In the third quarter net sales increased by 9% to SEK 73.3 billion (67.2). Adjusted for currency movements and acquired and divested units sales increased by 1%.
- Operating income amounted to SEK 5,087 M (2,908) excluding restructuring charges of SEK 434 M (659). Currency exchange rates had a positive impact of SEK 831 M.
- The operating margin excluding restructuring charges amounted to 6.9% (4.3).
- Operating cash flow in the Industrial Operations amounted to SEK –3.3 billion (0.9).
- Truck order intake decreased by 15% and order intake of construction equipment decreased by 34%.
For a PDF version of the report, please click here: Volvo Group Q3 2015 PDF
For image download: http://images.volvogroup.com/latelogin.jspx?recordsWithCatalogName=ab+volvo:4122
Press and Analyst Conference . An on-line presentation of the report, followed by a question-and-answer session will be webcast starting at 9.00 CET. More information under Interim Reports on www.volvogroup.com
For more stories from the Volvo Group, please visit http://www.volvogroup.com/globalnews .
The Volvo Group is one of the world’s leading manufacturers of trucks, buses, construction equipment and marine and industrial engines. The Group also provides complete solutions for financing and service. The Volvo Group, which employs about 100,000 people, has production facilities in 19 countries and sells its products in more than 190 markets. In 2014 the Volvo Group’s sale amounted to about SEK 283 billion (EUR 31 billion). The Volvo Group is a publicly-held company headquartered in Göteborg, Sweden. Volvo shares are listed on Nasdaq Stockholm. For more information, please visit www.volvogroup.com orwww.volvogroup.mobi if you are using your mobile phone.
AB Volvo (publ) may be required to disclose the information provided herein pursuant to the Securities Markets Act and/or the Financial Instruments Trading Act. The information was submitted for publication at 7.20 a.m. October 23, 2015.
This information was brought to you by Cision http://news.cision.com