LEVALLOIS, France--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Regulatory News:
In the first 9 months of 2015, Plastic Omnium's (Paris:POM) economic sales1 reached 4,363 million euros, robust growth of 12.2% compared to the first 9 months of 2014 (+4.2% at constant scope and exchange rates).
Economic sales1 for the 3rd quarter of 2015 were 1,417 million euros, showing strong growth of +13.1%, and +6.8% at constant scope and exchange rates compared to the 3rd quarter of 2014.
|In millions of euros, by segment||3rd quarter||Change||
|In millions of euros and in % of sales, by region||3rd quarter||Change||
|South America/ Africa||65||57||-11.5%||-2.6%||174||170||-2.5%||-0.9%|
Plastic Omnium Automotive
For the first 9 months of 2015, Plastic Omnium Automotive's sales1 reached 4,080 million euros. They grew by 13.8% (4.8% at constant exchange rates), with global automotive production up by 1.0%.
This outperforming result is supported by strong sales in Europe and Asia over the period.
In the 3rd quarter of 2015, Plastic Omnium Automotive's sales1 accelerated its growth and grew by 7.5% at constant exchange rates, compared to a steady worldwide automotive production (-0.1%).
- sales in Europe grew by 12.9%, driven by 27 new program launches in the first half of the year; 34 additional launches are planned in the second half of the year;
- business has increased again in North America (+3.2%), confirming that this zone will be a strong contributor to Group’s growth starting in 2016;
- the Group's automotive business in China was stable over the period, despite Chinese automotive manufacturing down by 6.9%. The Group's automotive business sales in China for the first 9 months of the year reached 338 million euros, i.e. 8% of the Group's overall revenue.
Plastic Omnium Environment
In the first 9 months of 2015, the Environment division sales1 reached 283 million euros. They were down by 3.0% at constant scope and exchange rates.
In an economic environment that remains difficult due to budget restrictions in local councils particularly in France, the Environment division will stabilize its sales in the second half of the year and will continue to generate a significant free cash-flow.
Confirmed growth in earnings for 2015
Results as of end-September confirm that 2015 results will indeed see growth, as anticipated.
Plastic Omnium has a strong order book resulting in significant gains in market shares in automotive body components and fuel systems.
The Group emphasizes once again the strong performance of its innovative and efficient offers in polluting emissions reduction systems (CO2 and NOx), whose development is favored by increasingly strict environmental regulations.
Calendar February 25, 2016 – 2015 Full-year results
(1) Economic sales are the consolidated sales plus a proportional share of revenue from Group’s joint ventures: BPO, HBPO and YFPO for Plastic Omnium Automotive. This metric reflects the operating and managerial realities of the Group.
(2) Consolidated sales, according to IFRS 10-11-12, do not include proportional shares of joint ventures, which are consolidated using the equity method.
Plastic Omnium is the world leader in automotive exterior components and modules, automotive fuel systems, and waste container solutions for local authorities and companies. The Group has 25,000 employees across 115 plants, 21 R&D centers and 30 countries worldwide. Plastic Omnium is listed on Euronext Paris, compartment A. It is eligible for the Deferred Settlement Service (SRD) and is part of the SBF 120 and CAC Mid 60 indices (ISIN code: FR0000124570).