PRINCE WILLIAM COUNTY, Va.--(BUSINESS WIRE)--The Prince William Board of County Supervisors today announced that Ventech Solutions Inc., an Information and Technology consulting and system integrations company, intends to invest more than $1.5 million and to create 200 new highly-skilled jobs in Prince William County. Ventech established its first Greater Washington, DC Metro Area operations in Battleview Business Park, in a 23,392 square foot facility located at 10110 Battleview Parkway, Manassas, VA 20109.
Speaking about today’s announcement, Governor McAuliffe said, “As Governor, I am working to help the Commonwealth become the leading state for Information Technology (IT) as we build a new, Hi-Tech Virginia economy. We have the assets and the infrastructure, and with the help of strong corporate partners like Ventech Solutions continuing to expand the company’s footprint into the Commonwealth, I am confident we will be the Cyber-Capital of America.”
Corey A. Stewart, Chairman, Prince William Board of County Supervisors said: “We’re delighted to welcome Ventech to Prince William County and to our growing IT business community. The addition of 200 new jobs at an average salary of $80,000 a year is a great example of the type of jobs we are attracting in Prince William County.”
The Board of County Supervisors committed $50,000 from the Prince William County Economic Development Opportunity Fund to encourage the location of Ventech to Prince William County. Those funds will be used to offset a portion of the costs of equipment purchases and facility renovations by the company. In exchange for the County’s investment, Ventech has agreed to create 200 jobs, with an average wage of $80,000, and invest $1 million in capital investment over a three year period at its location in Prince William County.
“It was important for Ventech to establish a strong presence in the National Capital Region, at the center of a growing healthcare IT industry with access to a highly-skilled workforce and talent pipeline. Prince William County delivers all the requirements that a growing Inc. 5000 company needs to fulfill major mission-critical programs that are of national importance,” said Herb Jones, CEO, Ventech Solutions Inc.
The need for advanced technologies to increase productivity, to manage and to analyze data and to enhance security has created significant market demand for stable and innovative IT companies. Prince William County is well-positioned to take advantage of the expansion of the IT industry due to its ever-growing technical workforce and accessibility to the Northern Virginia workforce; strong educational assets and emphasis on science, technology, engineering and math (STEM); and redundant power and fiber networks.
To learn more from the Prince William County Department of Economic Development sign-up to receive email newsletters.
About Ventech Solutions Inc.
Ventech Solutions Inc., a CMMI Level 3 software company, is a public sector focused system integration and consulting services firm headquartered in Columbus, Ohio. The company offers enterprise business solutions in application modernization strategy and deployment, systems operations and support, solution architecture, system analysis & design, system development, system integration, end-to-end software testing, and software quality assurance to US Federal, State and Local government agencies. Ventech’s public sector clients span over 14 states with a physical presence in Ohio, New Mexico, Washington, DC, Virginia and Louisiana. For more information visit: www.ventechsolutions.com
NOTES TO EDITORS:
- Located less than 20 miles from the nation’s capital, Prince William County encompasses a total area of 348 square miles.
- Prince William County is the 2nd largest and 4th fastest growing county in the Commonwealth of Virginia.
- Prince William County’s favorable blend of large land parcels, multi-use zoned sites, incentives, reliable power and ample fiber optic availability coupled with the lowest programmable computer taxes in the region, make it an ideal location for businesses seeking a location in the Mid-Atlantic region.
- 75% of Northern Virginia’s 1.1 million workers live within a 30 minute one-way commute to the center of Prince William County during rush hour.
- Prince William County provides access to an outstanding talent pool of highly-skilled, culturally diverse labor; 42% of the workforce has 4-year degrees.
- Prince William County carries a AAA bond rating from all three of the major credit ratings agencies (Fitch, Moody’s and S&P).