OLDWICK, N.J.--(BUSINESS WIRE)--This episode of A.M.BestTV previews the upcoming National Association of Professional Surplus Lines Officers’ (NAPSLO) annual convention that is taking place from Sept. 9-11, in San Diego, CA. Click on http://www.ambest.com/v.asp?v=surpluslines915 to view the video program.
Surplus lines are spotlighted as a sector of the property/casualty industry known for emerging coverages, and in A.M. Best’s annual special report on the industry, it shows that the sector remains vibrant despite a highly competitive insurance market in which many companies are competing to maintain their market share and pricing.
“There is an overall healthy level of strong competition going on in the profession today,” said Robert Sargent, president and chief executive officer at Tennant Risk Services, during a recent A.M. Best webinar on the state of the industry. “However, it is an underwriting-driven market that provides some stability, making it more revolutionary instead of evolutionary.”
More than 4,000 attendees are expected at the NAPSLO convention, including carriers, brokers, managing general agents and a host of others. Brady Kelley, executive director at NAPSLO, said: “Attendees will be the cream of the industry, networking with each other.”
A.M.BestTV will be reporting from the convention beginning on Sept. 10.
Other people who appear in this episode include:
- Robert Raber, senior financial analyst at A.M. Best Company;
- Marya Propis, head of distribution management at Lexington Insurance Company; and
- Jacqueline Schaendorf, chief operation officer at Insurance House.
To view the entire webinar visit: www.bestreview.com/webinars/surplus15.
Recent episodes of A.M.BestTV include:
- Reinsurance: It’s Not Your Father’s Market Anymore: A.M. Best Vice President Robert DeRose discusses a Best’s Special Report on the global reinsurance industry: http://www.ambest.com/v.asp?v=globalre915.
- Competition Among Auto Writers Heats Up: Auto insurers are increasingly turning to advertising to capture business as competition in the market increases: http://www.ambest.com/v.asp?v=auto815.
- Health Care Captives Take on Wider Range of Risks: A panel of captive professionals discusses how captive insurance companies sponsored by hospitals and medical professionals serve a wider variety of insurance exposures, including cyber liability and other emerging risks: http://www.ambest.com/v.asp?v=healthcaptives815.
- NAIC Watchers Key on ORSA, Cyber Risk and Price Optimization: The National Association of Insurance Commissioners (NAIC) Summer Meeting drew high interest as insurance commissioners continue work on the Own Risk and Solvency Assessment Model Act (ORSA), cyber security, terrorism risk and price optimization: http://www.ambest.com/v.asp?v=naic815.
A.M.BestTV covers exclusive A.M. Best information and reports, targeted topics and key developments in the (re)insurance industry every Monday, Wednesday and Friday. Sign up for alerts of episodes at http://www.ambest.com/multimedia/ambtvsignup.html. View A.M.BestTV episodes at http://www.ambest.tv.
A.M. Best Company is the world’s oldest and most authoritative insurance rating and information source. For more information, visit www.ambest.com.
Copyright © 2015 by A.M. Best Company, Inc. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED.