WESTBOROUGH, Mass.--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Today, SimpliVity accelerated its technology leadership in hyperconverged infrastructure by announcing its new OmniStack 3.0 Data Virtualization Platform – its most robust product launch since the company was founded. As the transformational technology behind SimpliVity’s hyperconverged infrastructure solutions, OmniStack 3.0:
- Revolutionizes multi-site deployments with a new Unified Protected ROBO solution and a new optimized platform.
- Improves performance and scalability for highly consolidated single-site deployments.
- Extends foundational, built-in data protection by being the first hyperconverged infrastructure vendor to deliver file-level restore capabilities.
- Provides unmatched “SimpliVity HyperGuarantee” for data efficiency, built-in data protection, multi-site management and non-disruptive IT refresh.
The OmniStack Data Virtualization Platform has differentiated SimpliVity from competitors since the company first launched. As the only vendor to assimilate all IT infrastructure, management and services below the hypervisor, SimpliVity's hyperconverged infrastructure delivers the best of both worlds: the enterprise-class performance, protection, and resiliency that today’s organizations require, with the cloud economics that businesses demand, with 3x TCO reduction.
SimpliVity hyperconverged infrastructure with OmniStack 3.0 includes the following:
Enterprise-grade scalability, performance, and data protection for single and multi-site deployments:
- The only hyperconverged infrastructure optimized for ROBO – With new, automatic multi-site network discovery, including support for hub and spoke configurations, SimpliVity’s Unified Protected ROBO solution addresses the complex management and data protection requirements of enterprises with remote office/branch offices.
- New OmniCube for ROBO deployments – SimpliVity’s new, entry-level OmniCube CN-1200 system is ideally positioned for small ROBOs at a price point that is up to 50% lower than alternative hyperconverged solutions.
- Enterprise-grade performance and scalability for single-site deployments – OmniStack 3.0 is architected to support single-site deployments for mission-critical applications. The release delivers up to 30% increase in performance for mission-critical workloads like Microsoft Exchange and OLTP, as well as best-in-class cost per VDI desktop with full data protection.
- New Deployment Manager speeds deployment times fivefold – The new Deployment Manager automatically discovers and makes it up to 5x faster to deploy multiple nodes in parallel for single-site and multi-site deployments.
New capabilities for built-in data protection further diminishes the need for traditional backup and DR solutions:
- File-level restore – SimpliVity is the only hyperconverged vendor to introduce built-in file level restore capabilities, accelerating operational recovery for administrators.
- Enhanced backup policy management and reporting – New capabilities enable administrators to set backup policies across multiple virtual machines in one session to improve workflow efficiency. New reporting feature simplifies management by modeling the impact of backup frequency and retention policies to system resources before actually implementing them.
“HyperGuarantee” demonstrates technology maturity:
Unmatched guarantee – As the most technologically advanced
solution in the hyperconverged infrastructure market, SimpliVity is
providing five hyperconvergence guarantees
to customers. Therefore, SimpliVity customers will achieve the
following results or, in many cases, better:
- 90% capacity savings across your storage and backup combined.
- 60-seconds or less, on average, for local backup or restore of a 1 TB VM.
- 3 clicks to backup, restore, clone or move a VM from a single console.
- 60-seconds or less, on average, to create or update backup policies for 1000s of VMs across dozens of remote sites from a single console.
- Add or remove a local or remote SimpliVity system without downtime, without interruption to local or remote backups, and without reconfiguration of backup policies or IP addresses.
- The OmniStack 3.0 Data Virtualization Platform is available today.
Ron Braden, Director, Information Technology Department, Town of Vail
“Vail has been using the SimpliVity hyperconverged infrastructure for nearly a year and we are extremely happy with the reliability, ease of administration, and overall performance of the appliances. They have not only elevated our disaster recovery strategy, but also changed the way we do backups. Best of all, the OmniCube systems have saved us weeks of work by cloning, moving, and restoring servers. In one instance, we had a mission-critical GIS server containing a few terabytes of CAD drawings that a vendor had corrupted and it would no longer boot. We restored the copy and had the server up and running in about 20 minutes.”
Sean Lane, IT Manager, Princess House
“Data protection was a key reason for why we chose SimpliVity for our IT infrastructure – we needed a solution to provide backup and recovery for mission-critical applications. SimpliVity’s native data protection in their hyperconverged infrastructure outperformed our expectations – restoring data in seconds, not minutes. We’re extremely excited for SimpliVity’s new recovery and management features, which will make IT more efficient and speed time to market for new deployments and applications.”
Joerg Ludwig, CIO, KHD Humboldt Wedag
We’ve been extremely impressed with the benefits that SimpliVity’s hyperconverged infrastructure provides. It’s their mission to make IT easier for customers and their ability to execute upon that vision continues to exceed expectations.
Simon Robinson, Research Vice President, Storage, 451 Research
“IT leaders are looking to maintain competitive operations are looking for viable on-premises alternatives to public cloud, and the simplicity, scalability and cost-effective nature of hyperconvergence make it a worthy consideration – and so, it has become the hottest space in IT infrastructure. As one of the pioneers in the space, SimpliVity differentiates itself with a unique Data Virtualization Platform, which offers significant data efficiencies and built-in data protection. We’re not surprised with the traction the company has seen in the market.”
Jesse St. Laurent, Vice President of Product Strategy, SimpliVity
“As the foundation of our hyperconverged infrastructure solutions, SimpliVity’s OmniStack Data Virtualization Platform software has always differentiated the company in an increasingly crowded industry. Now, OmniStack 3.0 propels SimpliVity’s technology leadership even further ahead, with the most robust hyperconverged platform for multi-site and single-site deployments and ongoing innovation to our built-in data protection capabilities. And lastly, we are so confident in our technology that we are now providing a comprehensive five-part guarantee to all customers.”
- Learn more about OmniStack 3.0 in this video
- Learn more about SimpliVity’s HyperGuarantee
- Read our blog on Unified Protected ROBO: Taking the Remote out of ROBO
- Read our blog on our HyperGuarantee: The Industry’s Most Complete Guarantee!
- Register for SimpliVity’s Virtual Pass to VMworld to watch demos of OmniStack 3.0 and hear from customers
- Learn more at SimpliVity’s blog
- Follow SimpliVity on Twitter, LinkedIn, Facebook, YouTube and Google+
Founded with a mission to simplify IT, SimpliVity is a pioneer in the hyperconverged infrastructure market, disrupting the status quo of complex and cumbersome legacy IT systems. SimpliVity’s hyperconverged IT platform delivers enterprise-class performance and availability that today’s IT leaders require, with the cloud economics their business demands. No other company has taken on the mega task of assimilating all IT elements below the hypervisor (8-12 disparate functions) into a simple 2U building block of x86 sharable resources to deliver unmatched IT simplicity, operational efficiency, and 3x TCO savings. The company’s unique data virtualization architecture improves performance, protection and data efficiency, while also enabling global unified management from a single console. SimpliVity has revolutionized IT systems for hundreds of enterprises around the world. Headquartered in Westborough, Mass., the company has raised more than $276 million in venture capital and employs more than 550 worldwide. SimpliVity’s business model is 100 percent indirect, and its solutions and professional services are available worldwide through its network of resellers and distributors. For more information, visit http://www.simplivity.com.