OAKDALE, Minn.--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Imation (NYSE:IMN), a global data storage and information security company, today announced that it will lead the conversation around protecting high-value data at next week’s VMworld® conference in San Francisco. As information and mobility become increasingly critical, so do the methods for storing and protecting that information in virtual environments. Imation will demonstrate how it has developed a family of solutions and its recently announced Secure Data Movement Architecture (SDMA™) to help organizations best identify, store and protect their high-value data while reducing complexity and costs.
Be sure to visit Imation’s booth and attend the company’s events throughout the week:
- Booth – #2323; Imation solutions will be available for demonstration and discussion
- Breakfast Event – Join Imation and industry analyst George Crump of Storage Switzerland for a free breakfast and engaging storage discussion on Tuesday, Sept. 1 from 7 to 8:30 a.m. at Sears Fine Foods near Union Square. For more details and to register, click here; space is limited.
- vBrisket VMworld Party – Join us at SouthPaw BBQ at 7 p.m. on Monday, Aug. 31 to gather with other VMware fanatics. Listen to guest speakers and enjoy some great smoked BBQ. For more details and to register, click here; space is limited.
Because of a growing range of internal and external threats, it’s never been more critical for organizations – especially those with virtualized IT infrastructures – to ensure their high-value data is safe and secure. Imation launched two new solutions earlier this year to help with this:
- Lock & Key, a new feature of the Imation’s Nexsan Assureon™ secure archive solution, enables organizations to enhance their security strategies by requiring a second factor of authentication for storage administrators to gain access to storage systems. By using their access credentials and an encrypted, tamper-resistant, industry-leading IronKey™ secure storage device, administrators will be able to access a secure management user interface for one or more of Imation’s Nexsan Assureon storage systems no matter where they are.
- Imation Secure Data Discovery is interactive software that helps IT administrators assess the value of their file data based on the ages and types of files they have. Secure Data Discovery analyzes how many of an organization’s files are considered high-value data, how much disk space those files use and how much primary storage capacity can be saved by offloading less frequently accessed high-value data to secure archive solution for long term protection.
Lock & Key and Secure Data Discovery are components of Imation’s SDMA, which helps IT administrators actively manage their high-value data files and protect them from tampering, destruction, loss or leakage through their entire lifecycle. SDMA empowers end users to manage their own policy for protecting their high-value data in addition to enabling organizational control and management policies. It also addresses the need to safeguard data files throughout the data lifecycle.
Imation also proudly offers the deep Nexsan portfolio of purpose-built storage solutions, which enable users to deploy the right storage products for the right application. The Nexsan product lines are:
- Imation’s Nexsan Assureon™ is a set of secure storage solutions that reduce storage cost by offloading and deduplicating data from primary storage that is infrequently used or has aged by policy.
- Imation’s Nexsan E-Series™ is a family of high-density, high-performance and highly reliable storage solutions that can be directly attached or networked to workstations and servers.
- Imation’s Nexsan NST™ is a set of flexible hybrid storage appliances that scale to meet mid-sized organization application and storage needs with unified NAS and SAN access capabilities in a single solution.
VMworld, hosted by VMware, offers thousands of attendees training, sessions and access to a wealth of technology partners on topics such as virtualization best practices, building a private cloud, leveraging the public cloud, managing desktops as a service, virtualizing enterprise applications and more. For more information, visit www.vmworld.com.
For more information on Imation’s Nexsan storage solutions, visit www.imation.com/nexsan.
Imation (NYSE: IMN) is a global data storage and information security company. Our products and solutions help organizations and individuals store, manage and protect their digital content. Imation’s storage and security portfolio includes Nexsan high-density, archive and solid-state optimized unified hybrid storage solutions; IronKey™ mobile security solutions that address the needs of professionals for secure data transport and mobile workspaces; and consumer storage solutions, audio products and accessories sold under the Imation, Memorex and TDK Life on Record brands. Imation reaches customers in more than 100 countries through a powerful global distribution network. For more information, visit www.imation.com.
Follow @Nexsan on Twitter.
Imation, the Imation logo, Nexsan, the Nexsan by Imation logo, IronKey, NST, E-Series, Assureon and Memorex are trademarks of Imation Corp. TDK Life on Record is a trademark of TDK Corporation and is used under license. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.