NASHUA, N.H.--(BUSINESS WIRE)--DataGravity, creator of the first data-aware storage platform, today announced that members of its team will participate in multiple sessions at VMworld 2015. The panels and presentations will cover data-aware storage, virtualization and IT startup innovation, and feature industry leaders from each field.
VMworld brings together thought leaders, subject matter experts and IT professionals to participate in workshops, interactive sessions and networking opportunities that help pave the way toward the future of storage, virtualization and data center technology. DataGravity will participate in the sessions throughout the event, which takes place from Aug. 30 to Sept. 3 at the Moscone Center.
Monday, Aug. 31 from 2–3 p.m.
- The GreyHairs on Storage – The Podcast Live on Stage (Session ID: STO6631-SPO): DataGravity Chief Technology Officer David Siles will join the venerable GreyBeards on Storage, Howard Marks and Ray Lucchesi, as they bring their podcast to life. Panelists from VMware, Pure Storage, Tintri and SolidFire will debate topics, trends and predictions in the storage industry, ranging from software-defined to data-aware.
Wednesday, Sept. 2 from 10–11 a.m.
- Storage Upstarts: More than a “Flash” in the Pan (Session ID: VAPP6681-SPO): DataGravity Chief Technology Officer David Siles will join Howard Marks as he moderates a panel discussing recent changes and innovations in the storage market. Panelists, including members of Tegile Systems, Pure Storage, Nimble Storage, Tintri and Coho Data, will respond to live questions from the audience and Twitter.
Thursday, Sept. 3 from 12–1 p.m.
- How VMware and Partners Bring Actions to Enterprise Administrators with vRealize Operations (Session ID: MGT5471): DataGravity Director of Labs and Customer  and vExpert Michael White will join an expert panel discussion titled, “How VMware and Partners Bring Actions to Enterprise Administrators with vRealize Operations.” Participants in the session, which include experts from VMware and Blue Medora, will discuss how VMware partners are using this feature to deliver the vRealize Actions feature in their management packs.
During VMworld, DataGravity will demonstrate its new DataGravity Discovery Series V2, which enhances data security and governance capabilities to help midmarket organizations define, detect and defend their sensitive data. New features introduced in V2 include content and tag alerting, audit user role-based access, custom and pre-defined tagging, intelligence profiles and DataGravity Management Packs for VMware vRealize Operations and Log Insight.
“In today’s security climate, every layer of the IT ecosystem needs to work together to improve processes and better secure sensitive data,” said Paula Long, CEO and co-founder of DataGravity. “VMworld gives us the opportunity to collaborate with peers and build industry momentum toward new breakthroughs in storage, virtualization and data-awareness.”
- Visit DataGravity at VMworld booth #1928.
- Request a meeting with DataGravity at VMworld 2015.
- Download the DataGravity Discovery Series V2 data sheet.
- Read the DataGravity blog.
DataGravity helps organizations unlock the value of their data. The DataGravity Discovery Series is a data-aware storage platform that allows IT professionals and line-of-business users to store, protect, search and govern their data. Its patented technology, powered by the DataGravity Engine, analyzes data as it is ingested without impacting performance, so administrators and users can quickly and easily explore and use data more effectively to derive insights that reduce risk, increase productivity, efficiency and organizational success. Headquartered in Nashua, N.H., DataGravity is led by visionaries in the fields of storage, business intelligence, data management and analytics and is funded by leading investors, including Accel Partners, Andreessen Horowitz, CRV and General Catalyst Partners. For more information, visit www.datagravity.com.