LOUISVILLE, Ky.--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Humana Inc. (NYSE: HUM), one of the nation’s leading health and well-being companies, today published its 2014-2015 Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR) Progress Report. In the report, Humana shares highlights of its commitment to making it easy for people to achieve their best health, including its 2020 goal of making the communities Humana serves 20 percent healthier by 2020.
Since publishing its 2012-2013 CSR Report in April 2014, Humana has advanced its CSR platform of Healthy People, Healthy Planet, Healthy Performance in a variety of ways. Through diverse programs such as Humana At Home – with its personal-care management and in-home care services – to our work in Natchez, Mississippi to help the community significantly improve its health, Humana is focused on helping people achieve their best health.
The CSR Progress Report expands on these endeavors and others that illustrate the different ways in which we connect with people to help them along their health journeys. “We are pleased to share the good works that our associates have done over the past year,” said Humana President and CEO Bruce Broussard. “I’m proud that our associates take our commitment to the communities we serve to heart while trying to live healthy lives themselves,” said Broussard.
Also highlighted in the report is Humana’s progress toward its environmental sustainability goals for waste, energy consumption and greenhouse gas emissions. Examples of that commitment are improvements at Humana data centers, the adoption of LED lighting standards, and the exploration of renewable energy options – efforts for which Humana was recognized as No. 25 in the 2015 Newsweek Green Rankings and as an industry leader in the Dow Jones Sustainability Indices.
Other recognition Humana has received during the past year for its corporate citizenship commitments include:
- 2015 RobecoSAM Sustainability Yearbook – Health Care Providers & Services Industry Leader
- A ranking of No. 61 on CR Magazine’s 100 Best Corporate Citizens list
- A score of 100 on the Human Rights Campaign’s Corporate Equality Index for the third year in a row
- A 92 percent ranking in the 2014 Carbon Disclosure Project Leadership Index
- Best Employers for Healthy Lifestyles Platinum Award winner in 2014
- A ranking of No. 10 on Military Times’ Best for Vets list
- Inclusion in the FTSE4Good Index series for the sixth year in a row
To learn more about Humana’s Healthy People, Healthy Planet, Healthy Performance platform, view the just-released CSR Progress Report. Humana intends to issue its next biennial CSR Report (covering activity from 2014 and 2015) in the spring of 2016.
Humana Inc., headquartered in Louisville, Ky., is a leading health and well-being company focused on making it easy for people to achieve their best health with clinical excellence through coordinated care. The company’s strategy integrates care delivery, the member experience, and clinical and consumer insights to encourage engagement, behavior change, proactive clinical outreach and wellness for the millions of people we serve across the country.
More information regarding Humana is available to investors via the Investor Relations page of the company’s web site at www.humana.com, including copies of:
- Annual reports to stockholders;
- Securities and Exchange Commission filings;
- Most recent investor conference presentations;
- Quarterly earnings news releases;
- Replays of most recent earnings release conference calls;
- Calendar of events; and
- Corporate Governance information.