DUBLIN--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Research and Markets (http://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/5f9z9l/countryfocus) has announced the addition of the "CountryFocus: Healthcare, Regulatory and Reimbursement Landscape - Brazil" report to their offering.
Brazil's population in 2013 was approximately 198 million, having grown at a Compound Annual Growth Rate (CAGR) of 0.9% from 2008. The country's increasingly elderly population and the corresponding increase in the incidence of chronic diseases will help to boost the growth of the pharmaceutical market, which was estimated to be worth $14.1 billion in 2008, and is projected to reach approximately $47.9 billion by 2020 at a CAGR of 8.5%. Approximately 60-80% of the Brazilian population has healthcare coverage, which has helped to create one of the most efficient healthcare systems among the BRICS countries, along with the fact that the government has taken new initiatives to promote generic drugs.
The medical device market was valued at $6.4 billion in 2008, and is projected to grow at a CAGR of 7.5% to an estimated $14.2 billion in 2020, primarily attributed to:
- Sedentary lifestyles leading to a high chronic disease burden
- Easy accessibility to diagnostic technologies
- Increased accessibility to healthcare professionals in remote areas
- An overview of the pharmaceutical and medical device markets, comprising market size, segmentation, and key drivers and barriers
- Profiles and SWOT analyses of the major players in the pharmaceutical market: Hypermarcus, Pfizer, Novartis, Roche and EMS Sigma Pharma; and profiles and SWOT analyses of the major players in the medical device market: Siemens Healthcare, GE Healthcare, Roche, Essilor, and Philips
- Insightful review of the reimbursement and regulatory landscape, with analysis covering details of the country's healthcare reimbursement process, regulatory agencies and the approval processes for new drugs and medical devices
- Detailed analysis of the political and economic environment, covering economic indicators, demographics, healthcare infrastructure and healthcare expenditure
- An overview of the opportunities for and challenges to growth in the healthcare market
For more information visit http://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/5f9z9l/countryfocus.