DUBLIN--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Research and Markets (http://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/chpqmt/governance_risk) has announced the addition of the "Governance, Risk and Compliance - The Ethiopian Insurance Industry" report to their offering.
The 'Governance, Risk and Compliance - The Ethiopian Insurance Industry' report is the result of extensive research into the insurance regulatory framework in Ethiopia. It provides detailed analysis of the insurance regulations for life, property, motor, liability, personal accident and health, and marine, aviation and transit insurance. The report specifies various requirements for the establishment and operations of insurance and reinsurance companies and intermediaries.
- The Ethiopian insurance industry is regulated by the National Bank of Ethiopia.
- Motor third-party liability insurance and professional indemnity insurance for insurance intermediaries are compulsory classes of insurance.
- Composite insurance is permitted in Ethiopia.
- The government does not permit FDI in the insurance industry.
- Non-admitted insurance is prohibited in Ethiopia. However, unauthorized reinsurance companies can reinsure risks located in Ethiopia on a cross-border basis.
Key Topics Covered:
2 Governance, Risk and Compliance
2.1 Legislation Overview and Historical Evolution
2.2 Latest Changes in Regulations
2.3 Legislation and Market Practice by Type of Insurance
2.4 Compulsory Insurance
2.5 Supervision and Control
2.6 Non-Admitted Insurance Regulations
2.7 Company Registration and Operations
2.9 Legal System
- Imperial Insurance Company
- Ethiopian Insurance Corporation
For more information visit http://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/chpqmt/governance_risk.