DUBLIN--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Research and Markets (http://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/j2r4x7/governance_risk) has announced the addition of the "Governance, Risk and Compliance - The Ugandan Insurance Industry" report to their offering.
The 'Governance, Risk and Compliance - The Ugandan Insurance Industry' report is the result of extensive research into the insurance regulatory framework in Uganda. It provides detailed analysis of the insurance regulations for life, property, motor, liability, personal accident and health, and marine, aviation and transit insurance. The report specifies various requirements for the establishment and operations of insurance and reinsurance companies and intermediaries.
The report brings together research, modeling and analysis expertise, giving insurers access to information on prevailing insurance regulations, recent and upcoming changes in regulatory framework, taxation and legal system in the country. The report also includes the scope of non-admitted insurance in the country.
- The Ugandan insurance industry is regulated by the Insurance Regulatory Authority of Uganda.
- MTPL and workmen's compensation insurance are the compulsory classes of insurance in the Ugandan insurance industry.
- Composite insurance is not permitted in Uganda.
- Non-admitted insurance is prohibited by the law. However reinsurers are permitted to operate without a license.
- Insurance products and services are exempted from VAT in the Ugandan insurance industry.
Key Topics Covered:
2 Governance, Risk and Compliance
2.1 Legislation Overview and Historical Evolution
2.2 Latest Changes in Regulations
2.3 Legislation and Market Practice by Type of Insurance
2.4 Compulsory Insurance
2.5 Supervision and Control
2.6 Non-Admitted Insurance Regulations
2.7 Company Registration and Operations
2.9 Legal System
- Uganda Reinsurance Company Limited
- African Reinsurance Corporation
- PTA Reinsurance Company (ZEP-RE)
For more information visit http://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/j2r4x7/governance_risk