ATLANTA--(BUSINESS WIRE)--The Southeast chapter of Women in Cable Telecommunications (WICT) will honor the outstanding achievement and leadership of six of its members at the chapter’s 12th annual Red Letter Awards Gala. The recipients of this year’s Red Letter Awards are recognized for making significant contributions to WICT’s mission of developing women leaders and exemplifying the chapter’s 2015 Touchstone theme, “Connect.”
The 2015 Red Letter Award recipients have demonstrated a keen understanding of their networks, immersed themselves in the economics and business practices that affect their companies, clients and colleagues, and have cultivated a deep awareness of the industry dynamics and competitive forces that are so influential in their day-to-day roles. Most importantly, they have built strong and lasting support systems within their companies and the cable telecommunications industry and served as ambassadors for WICT.
This year’s award recipients include:
- Woman of the Year: Allison Page, General Manager of HGTV, DIY Network & Great American Country for Scripps Networks Interactive, will be honored for visionary leadership and having a milestone year that contributed to the evolution of the cable telecommunications industry.
- Horizon Award for Woman to Watch: Marci Saaijenga, Vice President of Technology Quality & Control for Cox Communications, will be celebrated for her consistent record of professional success and job excellence.
- Catalyst Award: Danyelle Lantz, Executive Director of Enterprise Analysis for Cox Communications, will be recognized for her significant contributions in the industry as a woman who holds a leadership position in technology.
- The Mentor Award: Robin Sangston, Vice President of Compliance Corporate Legal for Cox Communications, will be acknowledged for championing women's issues in the workplace and developing mentoring initiatives within her organization and the industry.
- Rising Star Award for Emerging Leader: Jessica Cramer, Director of Marketing for ARRIS Group, along with Shauna Marie Gordon, Senior Director of Customer Service Strategy for Comcast, will be recognized for establishing competency and success in their areas of expertise and for being influential leaders within their organizations and the industry.
“This year’s recipients exemplify our organization’s many Touchstones,” said Laurie Baird, president of the WICT Southeast Chapter. “But one of the most important things we’ve focused on this year is creating new connections with our industry, our peers, and the young women who may one day follow in our footsteps. Allison, Marci, Danyelle, Robin, Jessica and Shauna have worked hard to advance our Touchstone theme of 'Connect.' We are privileged to have them as members and call them this year’s Red Letter Awards recipients.”
The ceremony will be held Thursday, October 8 at the Fox Theatre in Midtown Atlanta and will be emceed by Lynn Smith, host of the Weekend Express with Lynn Smith on HLN. Learn more on the chapter’s LinkedIn page (https://www.linkedin.com/groups/WICT-Southeast-137211/about) or on Facebook (https://www.facebook.com/wictsoutheast?fref=ts).
Tables for this year’s Red Letter Awards Gala are available at an early bird rate of $1,750 per table if purchased by August 31. Prices will increase to $1,850 per table starting September 1. Individual tickets can also be purchased for $195 each. Please contact Kimberly Beckwith at 770.395.4669 or Kimberly.Beckwith@starz.com to finalize sponsorship or table and ticket purchases.
About WICT Southeast
Established in 1980 as one of the national organization’s first local chapters, the Southeast Chapter of Women in Cable Telecommunications consists of more than 1,100 members from Georgia, Tennessee, Alabama and Mississippi. WICT Southeast has been named “Chapter of the Year” three times, has been recognized for “Mentoring Excellence” four consecutive years, and also has earned “Programming Achievement” and “Enterprise” awards by the national organization. Please visit wict.org/southeast for more information.
For over thirty-five years, Women in Cable Telecommunications (WICT) has partnered with cable and telecommunications leaders to provide professional development programs, research and services that help advance women in cable media. With nearly 10,000 members, WICT is the oldest and largest professional association serving women in the cable and telecommunications industry. Comcast NBCUniversal, Time Warner Cable, Turner Broadcasting System, Inc. and Suddenlink Communications are WICT's Strategic Touchstone Partners. Please visit www.wict.org or follow @WICT on Twitter for more information.