WALTHAM, Mass.--(BUSINESS WIRE)--NeuroMetrix, Inc. (Nasdaq: NURO), an innovative health care company that develops wearable medical technology and point-of-care tests to help patients and physicians manage chronic pain, nerve diseases, and sleep disorders, reported that Quell, launched in June 2015, is receiving broad media attention.
Quell is an over-the-counter wearable pain relief device that utilizes patented non-invasive neurostimulation technology to provide pain relief. The device is designed for people with conditions such as diabetic nerve pain, low back and leg pain, fibromyalgia, and pain associated with osteoarthritis. The advanced wearable device is lightweight and can be worn during the day while active, and at night while sleeping. It has been cleared by the FDA for treatment of chronic pain without a prescription. Users of the device have the option of using their smart phone to track and personalize their pain therapy through the Quell Relief app, which is available in the Apple app store.
Many recent substantive reports, articles, blogs, and interviews have been published on Quell. Highlights include:
- “Computerworld” review of NeuroMetrix’ approach to pain management and of the new Quell app by writer Erica Murphy. Her article is entitled “Oh joy, NeuroMetrix’s forthcoming App may require FDA approval”.
- A review of Quell in “Pain News Network” by columnist J.W. Kain who suffers chronic back and neck pain. Her assessment is entitled “Wear, Tear & Care: The Quell Pain Relief Device.”
- Two articles on Quell in diabetes-focused newsletters: in “Diatribe”, an article entitled Quell Wearable Device – An Impressive Advance for Treating Chronic Pain, and in “Diabetes Mine”, an article entitled Got Neuropathy? Quell Offers “World’s First Pain Relief Wearable”.
- In “Podiatry Today” Quell is included in The Top Ten Innovations In Podiatry.
- A review of Quell in “About Health” by Paige Waehner, an exercise expert with sciatica. Her review can be found at: Check out My Review of the Quell - Wearable Pain Relief
- In “First Run”, Quell is described as “one of the most innovative wearable technologies” and is ranked #2 in Top 5 Wearable Tech (2015). See the First Run video.
“We are pleased with the growing media attention,” said Shai N. Gozani, M.D., Ph.D., President and Chief Executive Officer of NeuroMetrix. “Quell has the potential to improve the lives of many chronic pain sufferers. Enhanced media exposure is helping us deliver the benefits of Quell to an expanding user community.”
NeuroMetrix is an innovative health-care company that develops wearable medical technology and point-of-care tests that help patients and physicians better manage chronic pain, nerve diseases, and sleep disorders. For more information, please visit www.NeuroMetrix.com.