BOSTON--(BUSINESS WIRE)--As threats to global travelers increase in countries throughout the world, Global Rescue has developed an app to help keep travelers safe and support enterprises in meeting their legal Duty of Care responsibilities. The Global Rescue app puts critical medical, security and other essential real-time travel intelligence at travelers’ fingertips. In an emergency, the app also puts travelers in immediate contact with Global Rescue’s medical and security teams which are comprised of the paramedics, physicians and military special operations veterans who staff the company’s global operations centers.
“The need for real-time travel intelligence and crisis response services has never been greater,” said Dan Richards, CEO and founder of Global Rescue. “To stay safe while traveling abroad, travelers must have immediate access to critical information and a system that can be tailored to efficiently deliver that information. Mobile applications have also become an important asset for enterprises seeking to meet their Duty of Care responsibilities and our new app provides a combination of functionality and services currently unavailable anywhere else in the marketplace.”
Travelers are increasingly relying on mobile devices for updates during their travels. According to a recent survey by TripAdvisor, more than 87% of the 30,000 people surveyed reported using a smart phone while on their trips.
While many organizations recommend that travelers download applications that provide personal travel details such as airline or hotel booking applications, many travelers lack immediate access to travel intelligence information or communication capabilities that may be life-saving in the event of a medical or security emergency.
Global Rescue mobile app features include:
- Destination Reports – Detailed information on over 200 countries, including: health and security risk assessments, entry and exit requirements, exchange rates, important phone numbers, weather conditions and other essential information. Travelers can access recent regional events, compiled by Global Rescue’s in-house intelligence analysts.
- Real-time Alerts –Travelers can review real-time alerts delivering critical information on locations of interest. Global Rescue enterprise clients can configure their alerts by event severity, category and destination and immediately know which travelers are impacted.
- Status and Location Updates –Travelers are able to indicate that they’re okay or in need of assistance by “checking-in” by using their mobile device to transmit their message with their GPS coordinates to Global Rescue’s operations centers and those they designate.
- In-App Text Messaging – Secure two-way text messaging with Global Rescue’s operations professionals who are standing by 24/7 to answer travelers’ questions.
- Emergency Notification – A one-touch emergency button that immediately alerts Global Rescue’s operations teams that a traveler is in distress with the GPS coordinates of the traveler’s location.
The Global Rescue app is designed for iOS (iOS 5 and above), Android (4.4 and above) and BlackBerry 10.2 and above) platforms. The app is now available on the App Store, Google Play, and BlackBerry App World.
For more information on the Global Rescue app or on the company’s services, call 617-459-4200 or visit www.globalrescue.com.
About Global Rescue
Global Rescue is a worldwide provider of integrated medical, security, intelligence, travel risk management and crisis response services to enterprises, governments and individuals. Founded in partnership with Johns Hopkins Medicine, Global Rescue's unique operational model provides best-in-class services that identify, monitor and respond to potential threats. Global Rescue has provided medical and security support to clients during every globally significant crisis of the last decade. Memberships start at $119 and entitle members to rescue and transport services to their home hospital of choice.
For more information, call +1-617-459-4200 or visit www.globalrescue.com.