DUBLIN--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Research and Markets (http://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/8v2dht/governance_risk) has announced the addition of the "Governance, Risk and Compliance - The Panamanian Insurance Industry" report to their offering.
'Governance, Risk and Compliance - The Panamanian Insurance Industry' report is the result of extensive research into the insurance regulatory framework in Panama. It provides detailed analysis of the insurance regulations for life, property, motor, liability, personal accident and health, and marine, aviation and transit insurance. The report specifies various requirements for the establishment and operations of insurance and reinsurance companies and intermediaries.
The report brings together research, modeling and analysis expertise, giving insurers access to information on prevailing insurance regulations, recent and upcoming changes in regulatory framework, taxation and legal system in the country. The report also includes the scope of non-admitted insurance in the country.
- The insurance industry is supervised and regulated by the Superintendent of Insurance and Reinsurance (Superintendencia E Seguros Y Reaseguros de Panamá - SSRP).
- A memorandum was signed on February 18, 2015 to enable Central American countries to join the Caribbean Catastrophic Risk Insurance Pool.
- Implementation of International Financial Reporting Standard (IFRS) 4 Phase II and IFRS 9, effective from January 1, 2018.
- Insurance premium tax is imposed at 2%on gross premium for all types of insurance.
- The Panamanian government permits up to 100% foreign direct investment in the insurance industry.
Key Topics Covered:
2 Governance, Risk and Compliance
2.1 Legislation Overview and Historical Evolution
2.2 Latest Changes in Regulations
2.3 Legislation and Market Practice by Type of Insurance
2.4 Compulsory Insurance
2.5 Supervision and Control
2.6 Non-Admitted Insurance Regulations
2.7 Company Registration and Operations
2.9 Legal System
For more information visit http://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/8v2dht/governance_risk