DUBLIN--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Research and Markets (http://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/zv9zj8/governance_risk) has announced the addition of the "Governance, Risk and Compliance - The Bhutanese Insurance Industry" report to their offering.
'Governance, Risk and Compliance - The Bhutanese Insurance Industry report is the result of extensive research into the insurance regulatory framework in Bhutan. It provides detailed analysis of the insurance regulations for life, property, motor, liability, personal accident and health, and marine, aviation and transit insurance. The report specifies various requirements for the establishment and operations of insurance and reinsurance companies and intermediaries.
The report brings together research, modeling and analysis expertise, giving insurers access to information on prevailing insurance regulations, recent and upcoming changes in regulatory framework, taxation and legal system in the country. The report also includes the scope of non-admitted insurance in the country.
- The Bhutanese insurance industry is regulated by the Royal Monetary Authority of Bhutan.
- Non-admitted insurance is prohibited by the law. However reinsurers are permitted to operate without a license.
- 100% FDI is permitted in the Bhutanese insurance industry.
- Professional indemnity insurance for brokers is compulsory in Bhutan.
- Insurance premium tax is not imposed in Bhutan.
- New investment guidelines for insurers were introduced on February 1, 2015, which will come into effect from January 1, 2016.
Key Topics Covered:
2 Governance, Risk and Compliance
2.1 Legislation Overview and Historical Evolution
2.2 Latest Changes in Regulations
2.3 Legislation and Market Practice by Type of Insurance
2.4 Compulsory Insurance
2.5 Supervision and Control
2.6 Non-Admitted Insurance Regulations
2.7 Company Registration and Operations
2.9 Legal System
- Royal Insurance Corporation of Bhutan (RICB)
For more information visit http://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/zv9zj8/governance_risk