ANAHEIM, Calif.--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Firetalk, the “always-on” live-streaming platform empowering a new generation of broadcasters to engage with and monetize their audiences, officially launches its new mobile app at VidCon. Firetalk sets itself apart from other live-streaming apps by allowing broadcasters to keep their audiences engaged long after the broadcaster has gone off-air.
Geared towards content creators with established audiences (i.e. YouTube stars, musicians, journalists, politicians, chefs), Firetalk makes it easy for broadcasters to host participatory, highly interactive episodes with their audiences. The recently launched Firetalk mobile app can be downloaded at the Apple Store today: https://appsto.re/us/DXtS8.i
Key app features include:
- Video Playlists – The fun doesn’t end when a broadcaster goes off-air; their channels can be programmed with video playlists that keep audiences chatting and interacting.
- Push Notification Alerts - Fans can subscribe to their favorite channels and receive alerts when broadcaster goes live. Broadcasters can receive in app alerts when they receive new gifts and subscribers.
- Gifting - Fans can send their favorite channels fun gifts to show their support. Broadcasters will soon be able to earn additional income from virtual gifts received.
- Episode Archiving and YouTube Integration – Firetalk gives broadcasters the ability to archive episodes, download them and distribute to other sites including YouTube and personal blogs. With one click, broadcasters can add archived episodes to their YouTube channel.
- CRM tools - Broadcasters can track fans, keep in touch with them, learn what they like and reward them.
“With the YouTube generation giving way to the live-streaming generation, there have been countless platforms that allow broadcasters to live-stream what they’re doing, but there’s been nowhere for them to call home and to build long lasting communities until now,” said Rush Doshi, GM of Firetalk. “Firetalk is a place for all types of content creators to keep their audiences engaged and with all of the options for non-stop interaction and monetization, we’re hopeful that they will find tremendous value in using the app on a daily basis.”
Firetalk is marking its official launch with a major presence at VidCon in Anaheim, California (July 23 – 25), including a large interactive stage featuring leading content creators such Smosh, RocketJump, iJustine, Jack Vale, Lilly Singh, The Young Turks and What’s Trending Podcast. To keep up with all of the action at VidCon, follow Firetalk at vidcon.firetalk.com or #Firetalklive.
During its private beta period, Firetalk showcased the platform to potential live-streamers at SXSW, where YouTube stars chatted with artists like Raekwon, Surfer Blood and Scott Weiland; at Social Media Week, where Firetalk served as the official streaming partner; and through live chats with popular performers like Def Jam's Lil' Durk, who answered questions AMA-style from eager fans to help promote his debut album.
The team behind Firetalk has years of experience making a live chat platform that's sustainable, profitable, and wildly popular, with Paltalk, a leading provider of group video chat that’s been powering the largest collection of live video chat communities since it launched in 1999, accumulating more than 100 million users worldwide.
For more information about Firetalk, please visit: www.firetalk.com.
Firetalk is an always-on interactive video platform empowering a new generation of broadcasters around the world to engage with and monetize their audiences. Firetalk is built by the team behind Paltalk, a leading group video chat community with 100MM users and 10 years of profitability.