DUBLIN--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Research and Markets (http://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/86zncq/harnessing_the) has announced the addition of the "Harnessing the Value of TWDM-PON" report to their offering.
This report examines the next-generation PON technology, TWDMPON, and its commercial potential.
The report also provides recommendations for operators that are considering how to maximise the monetisation of FTTP.
Building out FTTP is expensive, and building up subscribers can be a slow process. TWDM-PON promises more flexibility than GPON or EPON, and enables operators to exploit the same physical plant for a broader range of advanced enterprise and wholesale services. This report assesses the long-term commercial potential for TWDM-PON.
This strategy report assesses:
- The time and cost of deploying wavelength division multiplexed passive optical network (TWDM-PON) technology and what the implementation barriers are
- How far TWDM-PON should influence the network strategy decisions that established players and new entrants are making today
- How much additional revenue (over GPON/EPON) the implementation of TWDM-PON could bring from: fixed broadband and backhaul, mobile backhaul and fronthaul, and enterprise services
- The synergies between TWDM-PON and cloud-RAN (C-RAN) or 5G
- The financial risks for operators
- The types of operator that will roll out TWDM-PON first and why.
Key Questions Answered in this Report
- How much will TWDM-PON cost and what are the implementation barriers?
- How far should TWDM-PON influence the network strategy decisions that established players and new entrants are taking today?
- How much additional revenue (over GPON/EPON) could the implementation of TWDM-PON bring from: fixed broadband and backhaul, mobile backhaul and fronthaul, and enterprise services?
- What are the synergies between TWDM-PON and cloud-RAN (C-RAN) or 5G?
- What are the financial risks for operators?
- What sort of operators will roll out TWDM-PON first and why?
Who Needs To Read This Report
- Executives in operator CTO offices who responsible for strategic planning of networks, especially those that have rolled out FTTP or FTTB, or are in the process of doing so.
- Executives in wholesale divisions of major operators, because TWDMPON represents a way to re-establish themselves as major players in the market for backhaul services.
- Vendors for an independent view of the potential of TWDM-PON.
- Huawei Technologies
For more information visit http://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/86zncq/harnessing_the