TYSONS CORNER, Va. & LAS VEGAS--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Cvent, Inc. (NYSE: CVT), a leading cloud-based platform for meetings and group business, today announced that SocialWall is now being offered to hoteliers and proprietors of special event venues. Launched in June 2014, SocialWall is an interactive social media tool designed to help event organizers compile and display attendee’s social media posts in real-time at any meeting or event. Now, hoteliers can offer SocialWall to planners who are hosting meetings and events at their venue. As a result, hotels can leverage the attendee-generated social media content by showcasing the photos and tweets on their Cvent Supplier Network profile, their website, onsite venue reader boards, and more.
SocialWall is beneficial for hoteliers and proprietors of special event venues for the following additional reasons:
- Attendee-Generated Content: Planners invest heavily in decorating meeting spaces, providing entertainment and creating an immersive experience for attendees. In turn, attendees are capturing their experience and sharing it on social media. SocialWall gives venue owners the ability to leverage this rich attendee-generated content and share it with prospective planners.
- Social Proof: As opposed to staged photography of empty ballrooms, venue owners can build confidence with planners by showing authentic and timely attendee generated content. Rather than relying on generic and outdated imagery, SocialWall provides dynamic content that allows prospects to visualize how ballrooms and meeting spaces can be transformed for their specific type of event.
- Differentiated Event Experience: Venue owners can break away from the pack and make their proposal stand out by offering planners the option of using the hotel’s/special event venue’s SocialWall account at their venue to increase attendee engagement.
“Since its launch last year we’ve received tremendous interest and positive feedback from planners about increased attendee engagement at their meetings and events after leveraging SocialWall,” said Bharet Malhotra, Senior Vice President of Sales at Cvent. “In offering SocialWall to our supplier customers, they will have the opportunity to do the same but also build trust with planners by highlighting their venue using the power of social media which can ultimately increase group business wins.”
SocialWall makes it easy for venues and planners to:
- Create bold visualizations for onsite displays and websites
- Customize displays to meet the look and feel of any brand – color, theme and background
- Moderate content with multiple levels of control and advanced filters
- Bring sponsors and timely announcements to the center of the event conversation with easy insertion of custom posts
“We’re excited to use Cvent’s SocialWall, which helps us create a new engagement experience for today’s meeting planners,” said Bob Haislip, General Manager for Royal Sonesta Harbor Court Baltimore. “It also gives us a way to assemble and use attendee-generated content in a way that will help us increase our group business.”
To learn more about SocialWall for hoteliers, please click here.
Cvent, Inc. (NYSE: CVT) is a leading cloud-based enterprise event management platform, with more than 14,000 customers worldwide. Cvent offers software solutions to event planners for online event registration, venue selection, event management, mobile apps for events, e-mail marketing and web surveys. Cvent provides hoteliers with an integrated platform, enabling properties to increase group business demand through targeted advertising and improve conversion through proprietary demand management and business intelligence solutions. Cvent solutions optimize the entire event management value chain and have enabled clients around the world to manage hundreds of thousands of meetings and events. For more information, please visit cvent.com, or connect with us on Facebook, Twitter or LinkedIn.
"Safe harbor" statement under the Private Securities Litigation Reform Act of 1995
This press release contains forward-looking statements, including statements relating to the expected functionality and impact of SocialWall. The achievement or success of the matters covered by such forward-looking statements involves risks, uncertainties and assumptions. If any such risks or uncertainties materialize, or if any of the assumptions prove incorrect, the company's results could differ materially from the results expressed or implied by the forward-looking statements we make. For a detailed discussion of these and other risk factors, please refer to the risks detailed in our filings with the Securities and Exchange Commission, including, without limitation, our Annual Report on Form 10-K filed on March 16, 2015, Form 10-Q filed on May 11, 2015 and other reports and filings with the Securities and Exchange Commission.