DUBLIN--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Research and Markets (http://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/dqq3kf/global_contract) has announced the addition of the "Global Contract Logistics 2015" report to their offering.
Despite promising growth figures, endemic inefficiencies within the transport industry remain. What role will new business models and disruptive technologies have in shaping the future?
The contract logistics market has benefitted from strong economic fundamentals in most key markets. The report has found that the global contract logistics market grew 5.4% in 2014 and with more ways to gather and process data, the potential for growth through efficiencies alone is substantial.
The Digital Revolution will have a significant impact in the way contract logistics providers source and analyse their data which in turn will lead to new strategies adapted to a much more connected age.
What are the Key Findings?
- A compound growth rate (CAGR) of 6.8% is forecast for the contract logistics market from 2014 to 2018.
- Inefficiencies throughout the industry have left it vulnerable to disruption' from new business models and technology
- Automation will play a significant role in shaping the industry through drones, autonomous vehicles and warehouse robotics.
- Western Europe, the US and China are all expected to have achieved better year-on-year growth rates than in 2013. These markets accounted for 65% of global contract logistics growth in 2014
- China, India, Indonesia, Malaysia, Mexico, Saudi Arabia, Qatar, Colombia and Nigeria are all estimated to have experienced superior contract logistics growth rates year-on-year.
- The most disappointing market growth region is South America, largely due to poor economic performance of Brazil in 2014.
Who should buy Global Contract Logistics 2015?
- Global manufacturers
- Supply chain managers and directors
- Banks and financial institutions
- Consultants and analysts
- Marketing and knowledge managers
- All C-level executives
Key Topics Covered:
1.1 Key findings
2.0 Market development
2.1 The four stages of disruption
2.2 Innovations in the supply chain
2.3 Innovations in last mile delivery
2.4 Alternative delivery systems - crowd shipping, Uber etc.
2.5 Augmented reality
2.7 Autonomous vehicles
3.0 Market sizing
3.1 Market sizing definition and methodology
3.2 Global contract logistics market growth 2014
3.3 Africa contract logistics market growth and forecast 2014-18
3.4 Asia Pacific contract logistics market growth and forecast 2014-18
3.5 Europe contract logistics market growth and forecast 2014-18
3.6 Middle East contract logistics market growth and forecast 2014-18
3.7 North America contract logistics market growth and forecast 2014-18
3.8 South America, Central America and the Caribbean contract logistics market growth and forecast 2014-18
4.0 Profiles of major logistics providers
4.1 LSP provider innovations
4.2 LSP technology development innovations
4.4 APL Logistics
4.7 DB Schenker
4.8 DHL Supply Chain
4.10 Fiege Logistik
4.12 Kuehne + Nagel
4.13 Menlo Logistics
4.14 Norbert Dentressangle
4.16 Penske Logistics
4.19 Toll Global Logistics
4.21 Yusen Logistics
For more information visit http://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/dqq3kf/global_contract