DUBLIN--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Research and Markets (http://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/x4zk4n/emerging_non) has announced the addition of the "Emerging Non Volatile Memory (NVM) Technology & Market Trends Report" report to their offering.
Over the last two years, the complex emerging non-volatile memory (NVM) situation has been greatly simplified.
In 2014, Micron, the main phase-change memory (PCM) promoter for stand-alone memory, stopped actively selling PCM chips following the collapse of sales targeting the shrinking entry-level mobile phone market. At the same time, Micron developed a resistive random access memory (RRAM or ReRAM) chip with Sony, part of a technology class that includes conductive bridge RAM (CBRAM).
At 16 Gb the Micron-Sony RRAM has the highest density commercialized among emerging NVM technologies. Thus, we believe that PCM is now out of the race for stand-alone memory. For embedded microcontroller unit (MCU) applications 2015 will be a key year as STMicroelectronics, the main PCM promoter in this market, will choose if PCM will remain in its roadmap.
The new emerging NVM report is thus focused on the two most promising technologies:RRAM and magnetoresistive RAM (MRAM). The most attractive category of MRAM is spin-transfer torque magnetoresistive RAM (STTMRAM) that provides higher scalability/density. A main selection criterion for memory is the scalability/density of the chips, as this impacts both performance and cost. The Yole report provides a precise memory roadmap in terms of technological nodes, chip density and pricing.
Objectives Of The Report:
- Presents an overview of the semiconductor memory market
- Provides understanding of emerging NVM applications:
- Presents market forecasts on emerging NVM business :
- Describes emerging NVM technologies
- Describes and analyzes the competitive landscape
Key Topics Covered:
1. Table of contents , definitions, glossary, scope of the report
2. Executive summary
3. Standard memory market introduction
4. NAND market overview
5. DRAM market overview
6. Niche stand alone memory: Overview
7. Embedded SoC memory: Overview
8. Memory Market players overview
9. Emerging NVM: Overview
10. Emerging NVM applications
11. Industrial & transportation applications 133Enterprise storage applications
12. MCU smart card & other markets
13. Wearable applications
14. Mobile devices applications
15. Mass storage NAND market 189- Description / Mobile devices and SSD drive growth
16. MRAM technology, forecast & players
17. RRAM technology & forecast & players
18. PCM Technology, forecast & players
19. General conclusions
- A *STAR
- Innovative silicon
- Rambus- Unity
- Spin Transfer technology
- ST Microelectronics
For more information visit http://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/x4zk4n/emerging_non