DUBLIN--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Research and Markets (http://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/jrgh3t/animal_healthcare) has announced the addition of the "Animal Healthcare Market: Global Industry Analysis and Opportunity Assessment 2015 - 2020" report to their offering.
The global animal healthcare market is estimated to value at US$ 32,081.5 million in 2014 and expected to reach 43,032.1 million by 2020, reflecting a CAGR of 5.1% during forecast period. The animal healthcare market is expected to show major growth in feed additives segment due to rising demand of meat, milk and egg worldwide.
The market has been accessed by product type as feed additive, pharmaceuticals and vaccines for both companion/pet and production/farm animals.
Feed additive segment was valued at US$ 14,998.3 million in 2014 with 46.8% market share. Currently, feed additives account for the largest market and is expected to gain further market share to maintain its dominant position through the forecast period. Pharmaceuticals accounted for the second largest market share with 37.0% market share in 2014. Vaccines segment was valued at US$ 5,204.6 Mn in 2014 and is expected to reach US$ 6,901.4 Mn by 2020 reflecting a CAGR of 4.9% between 2015 and 2020.
By animal type, production animal accounts for the major market share with 65.1% in 2014. It was valued at US$ 20,871.7 Mn in 2014 and is expected to reach US$ 27,791.6 Mn by 2020. In contrast, companion animal segment accounted for 34.9% market share in terms of revenue, but is expected to grow faster than the production animal segment for various pharmaceuticals and vaccines. The companion animal segment was valued at US$ 11,209.8 Mn in 2014 and is projected to reach US$ 15,240.5 Mn by 2020.
Geographically, the market is segmented into five regions namely North America, Latin America, Europe, Asia Pacific and Middle East & Africa (MEA). Europe and North America together constituted more than 63% of the market share in 2014 which is expected to come down to 61.4% by 2020. Major growth is expected to come from Asia Pacific, Latin America, MEA and some East European countries. Asia Pacific which is one of the highest producers of animal meat in the world is expected to consume highest amount of feed additive followed by North America. North America and Western Europe is a potential market for companion animal products whether it be pharmaceuticals or vaccines.
Key Topics Covered:
1. Research Methodology
2. Assumptions & Acronyms Used
3. Executive Summary
4. Global Animal Healthcare Market: Taxonomy
5. Global Animal Healthcare Market Overview
6. Global Animal Healthcare Market Size and Forecast
7. Global Animal Healthcare Market Dynamics
8. Global Animal Healthcare Market Analysis & Forecast By Animal Type
9. Global Animal Healthcare Market Analysis & Forecast By Product Type
10. Global Animal Healthcare Market Analysis & Forecast By Region
11. Top Veterinary Drugs/Brands (Patented & Off-patent), By Species: Companion Animals
12. Top Veterinary Drugs/Brands (Patented & Off-Patent), By Species Type: Production Animals
13. Global Aquaculture Market Size and Forecast
14. Animal Healthcare: Regulations
15. Competitive Landscape
- ADM Alliance Nutrition
- Bayer Healthcare AG
- Boehringer Ingelheim GmbH
- Cargill Inc. (Provimi)
- Ceva Santé Animale
- Eli Lilly and Company (Elanco/Novartis)
- Evonik Industries AG
- Inc. (Intervet)
- Inc. (Pfizer)
- Koninklijke DSM N.V
- Merck & Co.
- Nutreco N.V.
- Sanofi S.A. (MERIAL Limited)
- Vetoquinol SA
- Virbac S.A
For more information visit http://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/jrgh3t/animal_healthcare