VOORHEES, N.J.--(BUSINESS WIRE)--American Water Works Company, Inc. (NYSE: AWK), the largest publicly traded U.S. water and wastewater utility company, today reconvened its 2015 Annual Meeting of Stockholders and announced the results of its 2015 Annual Meeting. The meeting was originally convened on May 15, 2015, and adjourned to allow the Company’s stockholders additional time to vote on the proposals set forth in the Company’s definitive proxy statement filed with the Securities and Exchange Commission (“SEC”).
At the 2015 Annual Meeting, stockholders approved the re-election of nine directors, Susan N. Story, George MacKenzie, Julie A. Dobson, Paul J. Evanson, Martha Clark Goss, Richard R. Grigg, Julia L. Johnson, Karl F. Kurz, and William J. Marrazzo, to the board of directors to serve until the next annual meeting of stockholders and until their successors are elected and qualified. Each of the individual candidates for election received a majority of the votes that were cast.
Stockholders also approved the following proposals:
- the ratification of the selection of PricewaterhouseCoopers LLP as the company’s independent registered public accounting firm for the fiscal year ending December 31, 2015;
- the approval, on an advisory basis, of the compensation of the company’s named executive officers;
- the re-approval of the material terms of the performance goals set forth in the American Water Works Company, Inc. 2007 Omnibus Equity Compensation Plan to allow certain equity grants under the plan to continue to be deductible under Section 162(m) of the Internal Revenue Code;
- the approval of the material terms of the performance goals set forth in the American Water Works Company, Inc. Annual Incentive Plan to allow certain incentive awards under the plan to be deductible under Section 162(m) of the Internal Revenue Code; and
- the Board’s adoption of an amendment to the company’s bylaws to provide that the courts located within the State of Delaware will serve as the exclusive forum for the adjudication of certain legal actions.
Further details regarding the results of the 2015 Annual Meeting will be contained in a Current Report on Form 8-K that American Water will be filing with the SEC. This filing will be available at no charge at the SEC’s web site at www.sec.gov. Copies will also be available at no charge at the Investor Relations section of our corporate website at www.amwater.com.
About American Water
Founded in 1886, American Water (NYSE: AWK) is the largest and most geographically diverse publicly traded U.S. water and wastewater utility company. With headquarters in Voorhees, N.J., the company employs 6,400 dedicated professionals who provide regulated and market-based drinking water, wastewater and other related services to an estimated 15 million people in 47 states and Ontario, Canada. More information can be found at www.amwater.com.