SAN JOSE, Calif.--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Dozens of educational sessions and case studies will be offered at this November’s Drone World Expo and will be led by thought leaders, industry experts and end-users who will present real-world solutions. The education program, which is being offered at no charge to qualified end-users, will bring thousands of professionals to the San Jose Convention Center in San Jose, California from Tuesday, November 17 through Wednesday, November 18, 2015. The event is sponsored by DJI, DroneDeploy and Precision Integrated.
Conference sessions that have already been planned include Playing by the Rules in the US and Abroad – Regulators and End Users Share Their Experiences; Drones for Good - Environmental and Humanitarian Efforts Made Possible by UAS; UAS Insurance – an Interactive Workshop; Safely Enabling Low-Altitude UAS Operations; How Drones are Transforming Big Data and the Internet of Things (IoT); Looking for Funding? Do's and Don'ts from the Investment Community; Drone Delivery - Possibilities Beyond the Line of Sight; and The DWE Town Meeting where attendees’ most pressing questions will be answered.
In addition, a series of real-world case studies will provide attendees with the opportunity to learn about success stories and how to avoid mistakes and pitfalls by hearing from those who have already encountered them.
“We have been working closely with our world renowned Advisory Board to develop an outstanding conference program for our attendees,” said Joel Davis, CEO, JD Events, producers of the event. “The program will include several case studies given by end-users focusing on the use of drones in agriculture, real estate, video and film, oil and gas, construction, conservation, utilities and other industries.”
More information on speakers and topics can be found at www.droneworldexpo.com.
Following is a preliminary list to date of industry leaders who have joined the Drone World Expo speaker roster:
- Gregory Agvent, Senior Director, News Operations, CNN
- Robert Blair, Farmer, Agriculture UAV Expert, Empire Unmanned
- Mark Burns, Owner, Burnz Eye View
- Brad Cheney, Director, Technical Operations, FOX Sports Media Group
- John “JC” Coffey, Director, Cherokee Nation Unmanned Systems supporting NOAA UAS Program Office
- Dallas Cormier, Electric Distribution Engineering PMII, San Diego Gas & Electric
- Michael Drobac, Executive Director, Small UAV Coalition
- Lisa Ellman, Counsel, McKenna Long & Aldridge, LLP
- Jonathan Evans, CEO, Skyward
- Brad Hayden, President & CEO, RoboticSkies
- Jesse Kallman, Head of Business Development & Regulatory Affairs, Airware
- Parimal "PK" Kopardekar, Manager, Safe Autonomous System Operations (SASO) Project, NASA
- Edy S. Liongosari, Managing Director, Accenture Technology Labs
- Matt Merrifield, CTO, The Nature Conservancy of California
- Max Motschwiller, Partner, Meritech Capital
- Dr. Gregory McNeal, Associate Professor of Law & Public Policy (JD/PhD), Pepperdine University, Forbes Contributor
- Brandon Packman, Lumbermens Insurance and Risk Solutions
- John Palatiello, Executive Director, MAPPS
- Chris Proudlove, SVP, Manager Northeast Regional Office & Complex Risks, Global Aerospace Inc.
- Andreas Raptopoulos, CEO, Matternet
- Eileen Shibley, CEO, Monarch Inc.
- Colin Snow, CEO and Founder, Drone Analyst
- Chidambaram Somu, Virtual Construction Manager, DPR Construction
- Stephanie Spear, Commercial Regulatory Policy Representative, National Association of REALTORS®
- Douglas Trudeau, REALTOR®
- Paul Veisze, Geographic Information Officer, California State Parks
- Gretchen West, Vice President, Business Development & Regulatory Affairs, DroneDeploy
“I am excited to be a part of the Drone World Expo conference as I believe it will become a gold standard among events in this industry,” said Eileen Shibley, CEO of Monarch Inc. “Our client, the California State Parks System, will be presenting a case study that will provide their fellow end-users with exclusive access to information that can be applied to their businesses. We look forward to gathering, networking and sharing best practices at DWE.”
The entire conference program is free of charge for qualified end-users.* The cost for those who do not qualify as end-users is $495 before September 30, $695 until November 16, and $995 at the show. Attendees will also have the opportunity to register for the MAPPS Geospatial Track at DWE for just $95.
Expo passes, which will give attendees access to hundreds of products on display, Tech Talks in the exhibit hall, flying demonstrations, and unique networking opportunities are free of charge for all industry professionals.
Those who wish to attend may register at www.droneworldexpo.com.
Drone World Expo, the defining event for the commercial applications of UAS technology, will take place November 17-18, 2015 at the San Jose Convention Center. For more information, visit www.droneworldexpo.com. The event is produced by JD Events, dedicated to the creation of targeted and innovative industry-leading events that deliver results. The company brings together highly qualified buying audiences, education-rich content and high-level networking opportunities -- all geared toward increasing business transactions in the markets it serves. Visit www.jdevents.com for more information.
*Complimentary full conference passes are available to qualified end-users. End-users are defined as those with technology purchasing authority or purchasing influence who are currently employed by a commercial company that utilizes or has the potential to implement UAS technology for business purposes, but does not sell UAS technology products, services, integration or consulting. Company website is required and will be used in the qualification process. Please contact us at 203-371-6322 or firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions.