WAKEFIELD, Mass.--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Virtual, Inc. (http://www.virtualmgmt.com), a leading technology-focused association management company, will host a public webcast on May 27 at 12 p.m. EDT, which aims to help standards groups operate their vital technical working groups with optimal efficiency. There is no charge to participate in this discussion of best practices, but advance registration is required.
Webcast attendance will benefit technology association leaders and participants in technical working groups. For many organizations, the success of the technical working group (TWG) is central to driving the mission. However, a TWG may not always operate at peak efficiency, which can imperil progress toward an organization's goals. Common issues are poor meeting quality, low attendance, confusion about roles and delays in decision-making. Though its members may be developing cutting-edge technology, a TWG still requires proper structure and direction to achieve its objectives.
Attendees at this webcast will learn:
- The importance of a well-established charter that clearly defines roles and expectations
- How to best use technology to communicate and encourage decision-making
- When to reach out for help to establish your working group or get it back on track
- Tips for ensuring participation and group cohesion
- Best practices for policies and operating procedures
Expert presenters are:
- Andy Freed, president of Virtual, Inc., who has more than 20 years of experience working with associations, from small startups to multi-million dollar international organizations
- Greg Kohn, vice president of client services at Virtual, Inc., whose 15+ years of professional experience includes leadership roles with the IEEE Industry Standards and Technology Organization (IEEE-ISTO) and the IEEE Standards Association
In addition to periodic public webcasts, Virtual offers innovative and cost-effective association services packages such as Virtual Fuse™ Incubation and Launch Services and Virtual BackOffice™. Information about all the services that Virtual provides to its clients is available at www.virtualmgmt.com/solutions-association-management-services/.
About Virtual, Inc.
Founded in 1999, Virtual, Inc. is a full-service association management company that combines advanced technology, best practices and innovation to provide its clients with world-class business operations, freeing organization leaders to focus on their missions and programs. Virtual was named to The Boston Globe's "Top Places to Work" list, and the firm has been named three times to Inc. Magazine's list of 5000 fastest-growing private companies. Virtual is accredited by the AMC Institute, the global trade group that represents the association management industry. For more information about Virtual, Inc., visit www.virtualmgmt.com, or call +1 781-246-0500.