OMAHA, Neb.--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Mutual of Omaha, a leading provider of group benefits, will now offer access to advocacy services with its critical illness insurance coverage.
“Coping with the diagnosis of a critical illness is overwhelming. Countless hours can be spent researching doctors, scheduling appointments and deciphering benefits and bills that need paid, when the focus should be on treatment and recovery,” said Michelle Lebens, director of Product Development at Mutual of Omaha. “Our service essentially shares some of the burden so individuals can focus on what’s most important.”
The advocacy services offer individuals who have been diagnosed with a critical illness access to skilled clinicians and nurses who provide friendly, personalized and confidential problem-solving, which includes:
- Assistance finding a doctor, hospital or community resources
- Help with referrals, pre-authorization and scheduling appointments
- Help understanding the diagnosis and treatment options
- Explanations of test results after a doctor visit or health screening
- Coordination of home healthcare visits and equipment
- Explanations of what to expect before and after a surgery or procedure
- Lifestyle coaching to improve overall health
About Mutual of Omaha
Founded in 1909, Mutual of Omaha is a full-service, multi-line provider of insurance and financial services products for individuals, businesses and groups throughout the United States. For more information about Mutual of Omaha, visit www.mutualofomaha.com.