SEATTLE--(BUSINESS WIRE)--(NASDAQ: AMZN) Ever had a moment when you ran out of something and needed a quick way to get more? Or have you headed to work when inspiration struck and remembered something you would like to add to your shopping list? Amazon customers with an Apple Watch can simply tap the Amazon shopping app on the watch to purchase items in seconds, or save an idea for later.
The award-winning Amazon shopping app will be available on Apple Watch in Canada, China, France, Germany, Japan, U.S. and U.K. Designed for the on-the-go customer, the shopping app offers a tailored Amazon experience, offering voice search and quick tap features including 1-Click purchase and save to Wish List.
“This is still day-one for wearable devices. And we are excited to offer new ways for our customers to get quick glimpses of information they need from Amazon through Apple Watch,” said Paul Cousineau, Director of Mobile Shopping. “There are times when it might not be convenient to get your phone out of your pocket. So we worked to distill the best parts of the Amazon shopping experience into fast and simple access points from your wrist. Customers can use voice search, 1-Click purchasing, and find all of the key pieces of product information they need. We can’t wait to see how our customers respond.”
The Amazon app for Apple Watch includes the following features:
- Search the Amazon Catalog: The Amazon shopping app allows customers with an Apple Watch to search the Amazon catalog and find glanceable product information such as product name, price, shipping information, product images and star ratings.
- 1-Click Purchase: With the 1-Click purchase feature on millions of eligible items, customers can conveniently go from search to purchase in seconds, making it even easier to order familiar items.
- Add to Wish List: Customers can quickly and easily add any item to their Wish List.
- Save a Shopping Idea: Simply say it and save it. It’s that easy to make a note and save it for later.
- Get More Information from iPhone: If Amazon customers want additional search results or more product information while shopping, they can simply use Handoff and open the search or product detail page in the Amazon shopping app on their iPhone.
The Amazon shopping app for Apple Watch is a companion to the Amazon mobile shopping app for iPhone. Customers can update to the latest version of the Amazon app on iPhone and the Amazon icon will automatically be available on their Apple Watch. Customers can learn more by visiting www.amazon.ca/iphoneapp for Canada, http://www.amazon.fr/iphoneapp for France, http://www.amazon.de/iphoneapp for Germany, http://www.amazon.co.jp/iphoneapp for Japan, www.amazon.com/iphoneapp for U.S. and http://www.amazon.co.uk/iphoneapp for U.K.
Amazon.com opened on the World Wide Web in July 1995. The company is guided by four principles: customer obsession rather than competitor focus, passion for invention, commitment to operational excellence, and long-term thinking. Customer reviews, 1-Click shopping, personalized recommendations, Prime, Fulfillment by Amazon, AWS, Kindle Direct Publishing, Kindle, Fire phone, Fire tablets, and Fire TV are some of the products and services pioneered by Amazon.