CHICAGO--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Videojet Technologies, a global leader in coding, marking and printing solutions, will highlight a number of innovative products with unique features for pharmaceutical manufacturers at the INTERPHEX 2015 show, held April 21-23 at the Javits Center in New York City.
For over 40 years, Videojet has provided customers with quality equipment and valuable patented technologies to maximize reliability, efficiency and ease of operation. “Videojet is built upon a foundation of innovation,” said Tim Kearns, Pharmaceutical and Medical Devices Manager at Videojet. “As pharmaceutical manufacturers are faced with growing regulation and the pressures of challenging customer demands, our goal is to continue to develop and deliver advanced marking and printing products that easily integrate with OEM equipment and assist in maintaining product traceability, operational flexibility and patient safety.”
Technology-driven Solutions for Enhanced Print Performance
Videojet will feature several of its latest solutions in booth 2727 at INTERPHEX including continuous inkjet (CIJ) printers, thermal inkjet (TIJ) printers, laser marking systems and a print and apply labeler. Aligned with the wide-ranging marking and printing needs of pharmaceutical manufacturers, these solutions are designed to complement the industry’s most dynamic production lines for cartons, bottles, vials, labels, flexible materials and cases. Videojet solutions on display include:
- The new Videojet 7810 UV Laser Marking System, designed specifically for high-contrast marking on hard-to-mark plastics including high-density polyethylene (HDPE). This laser is an ideal solution for high-quality, permanent traceability codes on pharmaceutical packaging.
- The Videojet 8510 / Wolke m600 touch high resolution printers using HP thermal inkjet (TIJ) technology. These versatile printers feature a large Videojet CLARiTY™ touchscreen interface for easy operation and a common look and feel to those familiar with Videojet CLARiTY-based printers. From basic alphanumeric codes to complex bar codes and graphics, the 8510 and m600 touch achieve resolutions up to 600x600 dpi.
- The Videojet 8610, utilizing a revolutionary, purpose-built cartridge designed to use MEK fluids. This printer brings the simplicity of thermal inkjet to applications that require printing of crisp, repeatable codes on many common pharmaceutical packaging materials like cartons, foils, films, plastics and coated stocks.
- The Videojet 7510 Fiber Laser extends the range of the Videojet fiber laser series. At the show, the laser is integrated with FP Developments’ starwheel coding and verification system. The 7510 delivers advanced performance for high contrast marking on robust plastic packaging, metal containers and other pharmaceutical products, even at ultra-fast line speeds up to 440m/min.
- The revolutionary Videojet 9550 with Intelligent MotionTM technology, a first-of-its-kind print and apply labeler that utilizes advanced direct drive technology to eliminate the manual adjustments, clutches and nip rollers that often cause downtime in traditional print and apply case coding operations. The 9550 has been designed for serialization needs and easy data handling.
- The Videojet 1650 continuous inkjet printer engineered for more demanding coding and marking applications where a combination of speed and throughput require a high-utilization solution. In addition to delivering an uptime advantage, the 1650 provides advanced features to help reduce operator error and tools to help improve Overall Equipment Effectiveness (OEE).
New Service Solution Drives Productivity
In addition to its latest printing solutions, Videojet will also be showcasing its Remote Service offering, an industry-first designed to drive higher line and printer productivity for continuous inkjet users.
With Videojet Remote Service, both maintenance personnel and Videojet technical experts can be granted remote access to printers to increase collaboration, simplify troubleshooting and speed printer adjustments from virtually anywhere. Through smart connectivity, Videojet continuous inkjet users can now access productivity features including remote alerts, online dashboards and remote recovery functionality.
Innovations that Support Pharma Operations and Traceability
“Manufacturers who have access to proven equipment and inks can streamline operations that were previously manually intensive and time-consuming. Our investment in innovation specifically for pharmaceutical manufacturers continues to grow, making it possible for our customers to streamline operations while experiencing maximum equipment uptime and high quality codes. This is critical due to the need for improved safety and traceability of products throughout the supply chain,” said Kearns. “We look forward to showcasing our newest technologies for this industry at INTERPHEX.”
All of the latest Videojet equipment will be on display in booth 2727 at INTERPHEX. For more information on any Videojet equipment, please visit http://www.videojet.com.
Videojet Technologies is a world-leader in the product identification market, providing in-line printing, coding, and marking products, application specific fluids, and product life cycle services. Our goal is to partner with our customers in the consumer packaged goods, pharmaceutical, and industrial goods industries to improve their productivity, to protect and grow their brands, and to stay ahead of industry trends and regulations. With our customer application experts and technology leadership in continuous inkjet (CIJ), thermal inkjet (TIJ), laser marking, thermal transfer overprinting (TTO), case coding and labeling, and wide array printing, Videojet has more than 325,000 printers installed worldwide. Our customers rely on Videojet products to print on over ten billion products daily. Customer sales, application, service, and training support is provided by direct operations with over 3,000 team members in 26 countries worldwide. In addition, the Videojet distribution network includes more than 400 distributors and OEMs, serving 135 countries.
©2015 Videojet Technologies Inc. All rights reserved. Videojet®, CLARiTY™ and IntelligentMotion® are trademarks of Videojet Technologies Inc. Any other trademark used in the property of its respective owner.