NEW YORK--(BUSINESS WIRE)--INTERPHEX 2015--Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc., the world leader in serving science, is unveiling new bioprocessing technologies to address the evolving needs for enhancing the efficiency and productivity of global biopharmaceutical manufacturers. These advancements include single-use systems, purification, cell culture media, analytical systems, adherent cell culture, customized fluid transfer systems and laboratory equipment.
Thermo Fisher’s solutions will be showcased this week at the INTERPHEX 2015 Conference and Exhibition, April 21 - 23, 2015 at the Javits Center, New York City, Booths #3544 and #3127.
“Our customers continue to focus on increased productivity, consistent quality, and assurance of supply,” said Nicole Brockway, vice president of marketing, bioproduction for Thermo Fisher. “We will address these opportunities at INTERPHEX, highlighting innovative solutions including a novel single-use fermentor, high performance cell culture medium, integrated purification solutions and a new standard-setting, rapid molecular method. With our diverse portfolio of solutions, we are uniquely positioned to meet the most demanding customer processes across the entire bioproduction workflow.”
Highlights at INTERPHEX include:
- New! Thermo Scientific HyPerforma Single-Use Mixers combine the benefits of its widely-used SUMs with advancements that address the requirements of single-use bioprocessors from scale-up to cGMP manufacturing, including optimized tubing management, advanced clean-in-place sterilization, rapid setup and turnaround times and streamlined handling of hazardous materials.
- New! Thermo Scientific HyPerforma Single-Use Fermentor is the first system specifically engineered for microbial fermentation and delivers on the aggressive process demands of industrial microbiology without compromising on performance.
- New! Thermo Scientific Gibco Dynamis Advanced Granulation Technology (AGT) Medium and Gibco Dynamis Liquid Medium is fortified to help maximize recombinant CHO cell growth and protein expression, providing customers with significantly greater yields than existing formulas. When paired head-to-head against other media with simple glucose supplementation, Dynamis media generates 170 percent greater productivity by day 14. As a simple to scale product, the media allow scientists achieve these results without complex workflows or pH adjustments.
- New! Applied Biosystems ProteinSEQ Host Cell Protein Quantitation System is a new immunoassay development platform for quantitation of host cell proteins (HCPs) in bioprocessing. The platform merges the benefits of real-time PCR (qPCR) studies with the specificity of antibody antigen recognition, giving researchers a streamlined alternative to ELISAs with at least 10 times greater sensitivity and a much wider dynamic range.
- New! Thermo Scientific Customized Fluid Transfer Service simplifies the biopharmaceutical manufacturing process by providing pre-sterilized and ready-to-use consumables tailored for a customer’s facility needs, freeing up the manufacturer’s time to focus on critical operations while optimizing cleanroom usage.
- New! Thermo Scientific XBF40 series of -40°C blast freezers are designed for rapid cooling during the sample preparation process prior to freezer storage. The freezers are suited for general-purpose and bioprocessing applications to accommodate large loads and a variety of vessels including 10 liter carboys, bottles, racks with vials, and more.
Additional products making their debut at Interphex include: POROS XQ Strong Anion Exchange Resin, CaptureSelect Bioprocess Resins, MycoSEQ Mycoplasma Detection System, and the DHX Disposable Heat Exchanger for cGMP commercial and clinical bio-therapeutics, vaccines, as well as other biologic processes.
More information about Thermo Fisher’s INTERPHEX activities can be found here.
About Thermo Fisher Scientific
Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc. is the world leader in serving science, with revenues of $17 billion and approximately 50,000 employees in 50 countries. Our mission is to enable our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer. We help our customers accelerate life sciences research, solve complex analytical challenges, improve patient diagnostics and increase laboratory productivity. Through our premier brands – Thermo Scientific, Applied Biosystems, Invitrogen, Fisher Scientific and Unity Lab Services – we offer an unmatched combination of innovative technologies, purchasing convenience and comprehensive support. For more information, please visit www.thermofisher.com.