SAN DIEGO--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Celebrating 40 years in the solar industry, Kyocera announced its 3rd annual Earth Expo today, which will take place at its award-winning Solar Grove™ on Tuesday, April 21 from 11 am – 1 pm at 8611 Balboa Ave. Kyocera continues its environmental leadership with the event featuring more than 50 environmental vendors demonstrating the latest Earth-friendly products and services for businesses and consumers alike in the forest of 25 Solar Trees™ at Kyocera’s North American headquarters.
“Kyocera has received more awards from the City of San Diego for environmental preservation and recycling than any other company,” said John Rigby, president of Kyocera International, Inc., the group’s North American holding company. “Our third annual Earth Expo will help consumers and businesses alike learn the latest ways to minimize their impact on the Earth’s fragile environment – from e-waste recycling and eco-living options to electric cars and solar cooking.”
Earth Expo is free to the public. Highlights include:
- Kyocera cell phone recycling to benefit free long-distance phone service for active military and veterans with Cell Phones For Soldiers.
- Tiny Home Enthusiasts – the hottest thing in Eco-Living – explore an amazing 300 square-foot home.
- SDGE Energy Savings LED Light Bulb discount is back – 3-bulb pack, a $60.00 value, just $10.00!
- San Diego Electric Car Club, BMW i3 Electric Vehicle, Nissan Leaf, Smart Car, Volkswagen, Hyundai and Ford electric/hybrids – see the latest and greatest zero-emission and low-emission vehicles.
- Electric Bike Central – test ride an electric bike on the Kyocera bike path.
- San Diego Solar Cooking Club – chefs cook up some hot cuisine using the power of the sun.
- Earthquake Simulator Truck – what will you do when the Big One hits? Safety & injury prevention tips.
- GOBIE H2O – the amazing, high-tech water bottle featured on Shark Tank.
- Feeding America – donate cans of food & receive an extra raffle ticket for a chance at exciting prizes. Individual who donates the most canned goods gets a $50 gift card!
- Goodwill Industries – donate clothing, household goods or other reusable items & receive an extra raffle ticket for a chance at exciting prizes.
- Many other fun and educational exhibitors, gardening, ride share, Living Coast Discovery Center, Ocean Connectors, and several Kyocera divisions showing green products and processes.
- I Love A Clean San Diego – sign up for a beach clean-up.
- Live animals from California Wolf Center & Raptor Institute, and other wildlife organizations.
- First 500 guests will receive a free reusable shopping bag – just for showing up and participating!
Kyocera Corporation, the parent and global headquarters of the Kyocera Group, was founded in 1959 as a producer of fine (or “advanced”) ceramics. By integrating these engineered materials with other technologies, Kyocera has become a leading supplier of LCDs, industrial ceramics, solar power generating systems, telecommunications equipment, printers, copiers, electronic components, semiconductor packages, and cutting tools. During the year ended March 31, 2014, the company’s net sales totaled 1.45 trillion yen (approx. US$14.1 billion). The company appears on the latest “Top 100 Global Innovators” list by Thomson Reuters, and is ranked #531 on Forbes magazine’s current “Global 2000” listing of the world’s largest publicly traded companies.