DUBLIN--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Research and Markets (http://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/tqn8d4/nonlife) has announced the addition of the "Non-Life Insurance in Italy, Key Trends and Opportunities to 2018" report to their offering.
'Non-Life Insurance in the Italy, Key Trends and Opportunities to 2018' report provides detailed analysis of the market trends, drivers, challenges in the Italian non-life insurance segment. It provides values of a number of Key Performance Indicators (KPI) such as written premium, incurred loss, loss ratio, commissions and expenses, combined ratio, frauds and crimes, total assets, total investment income and retentions during the review period (2009-2013) and forecast period (2013-2018). The report also analyzes distribution channels operating in the segment, and provides detailed information on the competitive landscape in the country.
- The Italian non-life segment is concentrated, with the 10 leading non-life insurers accounting for an 88.0% share of the total gross written premium in 2013.
- Despite weak market conditions and the presence of a mature segment, non-life insurance underwriting in Italy managed to recover its losses and achieve a positive result.
- There are more than 100 types of compulsory insurance in Italy
- Non-life insurance companies are adopting new product portfolio, service levels and awareness programs in order to remain competitive in the segment.
- The country's recessionary economic environment and ongoing austerity measures created difficult operating conditions for non-life insurers, which led to a decline in Italian non-life insurance penetration
- Motor insurance was the largest category in the non-life segment in 2013, accounting for 61.5% of the total gross written premium.
- Agents were the largest distribution channel for non-life products in Italy.
- E-commerce emerged as one of the fastest-growing distribution channels, to register consistent gross written premium growth at a review-period CAGR of 24.2%.
Key Topics Covered:
1 Key Facts and Events
2 Executive Summary
4 Italian Insurance Industry Attractiveness
5 Non-Life Insurance Outlook
6 Analysis by Distribution Channel
7 Governance, Risk and Compliance
8 Competitive Landscape and Strategic Insights
- Gruppo Assicurativo Unipol
- Gruppo Generali
- Gruppo Assicurativo Allianz
- Reale Mutua Assicurazioni
- Gruppo Cattolica Assicurazioni
- Axa Italia
- Groupama Assicurazioni SpA
- Gruppo Vittoria Assicurazioni
- Gruppo Assicurativo Sara
- Direct Line Insurance
For more information visit http://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/tqn8d4/nonlife