OVERLAND PARK, Kan.--(BUSINESS WIRE)--With Fortune 100 companies from Home Depot to JPMorgan making weekly headlines for security breaches, it’s clear that today’s information security measures are failing. To help corporations navigate the shifting cyber security terrain, Jason Straight, Senior Vice President and Chief Privacy Officer at UnitedLex, will speak at two upcoming industry events about managing cyber security risks effectively and cost-efficiently.
At the RSA Conference in San Francisco, April 21-24, Straight will be presenting a lighthearted look at a serious problem: managing the level of risk at the “human layer.”
- A Comedy of Errors: Assessing and Managing the Human Element of Cyber Risk, Tuesday, April 21 from 4:40 p.m. – 5:30 p.m. PST at the Moscone Center, Room 2008. Straight will discuss practices and policies that provide the most protection from third-party threats, including employees, third-party vendors, and the mobile workforce.
At Interop in Las Vegas, April 29-30, Straight will be participating in a variety of panels, debates, and talks:
- The Dark Reading Cyber Security Crash Course, Wednesday, April 29 from 10:30 a.m. – 6:00 p.m. PST. Straight will join the Dark Reading team and a group of top cyber security experts to offer a crash course in what you need to know about data security and the dangers faced by your organization.
- Insider Threats and Preventing Data Leaks, Wednesday, April 29 from 1:45 p.m. – 2:15 p.m. PST. Straight will provide practical guidance on how to transform potential liability into a key asset of an information security program. He will discuss recent statistics that emphasize the role of insiders in creating cyber security risk.
- Debate: Where are the Weakest Links in Cyber Security?, Thursday, April 30 from 2:15 p.m. – 3:00 p.m. PST at the Mandalay Bay Convention Center, Lagoon B. In this debate, Straight will join a panel of security experts moderated by Tim Wilson, Editor in Chief of Dark Reading, to discuss the most troublesome vulnerabilities among enterprise defenses—insider threats, end-users, applications, and other threats.
- Understanding the Full Legal & Business Liabilities of Cyber Breaches, Thursday, April 30 from 3:15 p.m. – 4:00 p.m. PST at the Mandalay Bay Convention Center, Breakers F. In this session presented by Straight, attendees will learn about the business and legal fallout from cyber security breaches.
About Jason Straight
Jason Straight has more than a decade of experience in managing information security risks, data breach incidents, data privacy obligations and complex electronic discovery challenges. Straight is a Certified Information Privacy Professional (CIPP) and a recognized domain expert. He is an author and frequent speaker on topics relating to data privacy, cyber security, data breach response and computer forensics. Prior to joining UnitedLex, he led the cyber security consulting practice of a leading global investigations and cyber security company. He began his career as an attorney at Fried, Frank, Harris, Shriver & Jacobsen.
UnitedLex (www.unitedlex.com) is a global provider of technology-powered legal, security and business services that deliver industry-leading legal and cyber risk strategies and solutions. UnitedLex was founded in 2006 with a singular mission to improve the performance of leading corporations, law firms and academic institutions. Since then, UnitedLex's more than 1,800 attorneys, engineers and consultants have provided unparalleled solutions resulting in risk mitigation, efficiency improvements and cost optimization for its clients around across the globe. With more than $250 million in assets and committed capital, UnitedLex deploys the right blend of service and technology to support the world's leading corporations and law firms.