EDEN PRAIRIE, Minn.--(BUSINESS WIRE)--GE Capital Fleet Services today introduced BrightWorks* Insights, an advanced fleet analytics platform. The BrightWorks Insights platform is GE Capital Fleet Services’ core engine for bringing together data from drivers, vehicles, fleet services, and third parties to enable companies to make smarter fleet management decisions.
“Improved data and analytics technologies are driving change in fleet management. Fleet vehicles and management services are more connected than ever,” said Kristi Webb, CEO of GE Capital Fleet Services. “When you combine our BrightWorks advanced analytics with deep fleet expertise, customers have the information they need to make smarter decisions for their businesses.”
BrightWorks Insights helps fleet managers visualize key performance indicators and drill down into the data faster and more effectively. Key BrightWorks modules include:
- BrightWorks Fuel is a map-based module that allows fleet managers to see mileage performance across a fleet, compare it to deep fleet and industry benchmarks, and use an advanced predictive algorithm to forecast fleet fuel costs at a zipcode level. With fuel costs constantly changing, monitoring and optimizing fuel consumption is crucial to a fleet’s bottom line.
- BrightWorks Alternative Fuels uses location data to visually overlay fleet locations with local alternative fuel refilling stations to determine where alternative fuel vehicles could reduce fleet costs and carbon emissions.
- BrightWorks Maintenance shows fleet managers how well drivers are utilizing their fleets’ maintenance networks, and where the maintenance spend is going. Thorough benchmark analytics will help keep fleets well-tuned, drivers on schedule, and costs under control. This capability enables better forecasts and improved recommendations for preventive maintenance and improved network utilization.
- BrightWorks Driver Performance delivers fleet managers a dashboard view of driver behavior on key performance indicators such as mileage and unsafe driving incidences, based on a variety of data sources and fleet benchmarks. Armed with this information, companies can target programs where they will have the most impact on fleet safety and cost.
BrightWorks Insights technology also is powering a new, more robust mobile driver app, set to launch later in 2015. The app helps to spur positive changes in driver behavior, combining useful and essential apps – such as a trip tracker and fuel and maintenance locators – with BrightWorks-driven observations and communications designed to improve mileage, maintenance and safe driving habits. The result uses analytics to create a more holistic and effective solution.
“With connected vehicle technology becoming more commonplace, fleet management is increasingly about turning vast, complex data sets into actionable insights and measureable outcomes,” said Brad Hoffelt, general manager, Products & Services for GE Capital Fleet Services. “The BrightWorks Insights platform combines advanced analytics with industry expertise, so that the data streaming off fleet vehicles can be turned into real-time insights.”
About GE Capital, Fleet Services
GE Capital Fleet Services, based in Eden Prairie, Minn., is a global fleet management company. With strategic consulting, deep analytical insights and experience in every industry, we’re uniquely positioned to help you continuously drive results – from the road all the way to the board room. In 2014 our fleet customers realized $210 million in savings through opportunities identified by our fleet team. Visit the website at www.gefleet.com or follow the company’s news and updates via Twitter (@GEFleetSvcs).
GE Capital offers customers around the globe an array of financial products, services and insights to help them grow their businesses. For more information, visit www.gecapital.com or follow company news via Twitter (@GECapital).
GE (NYSE:GE) imagines things others don’t, builds things others can’t and delivers outcomes that make the world work better. GE brings together the physical and digital worlds in ways no other company can. In its labs and factories and on the ground with customers, GE is inventing the next industrial era to move, power, build and cure the world. www.ge.com.
* BrightWorks is a trademark of General Electric Company.