DUBLIN--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Research and Markets (http://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/9g6hkc/traumatic_brain) has announced the addition of the "Traumatic Brain Injury: Therapeutic and Diagnostic Pipeline Assessment and Commercial Prospects" report to their offering.
Traumatic brain injury (TBI) is the single leading cause of death and disability worldwide in children and young adults following an injury. With around 10 million new cases diagnosed and 1.5 million deaths occurring per annum globally; this silent' epidemic accounts for more fatalities than diabetes or lung cancer.
Despite three decades of intensive research and development effort, translating benchside to bedside success remains the single greatest challenge in TBI. All 33 Phase III TBI clinical trials testing the efficacy of neuroprotective agents have failed over the past 20 years. Consequently, no FDA-approved TBI therapy exists.
Nevertheless, 2013 witnessed the creation of a National Research Action Plan (NRAP) to address the current unmet needs in TBI. Point-of-care (POC) diagnostic devices look set to revolutionize the diagnosis of TBI. By year end 2014, a number of POC diagnostic devices may be approved by the FDA.
- Identification of the major challenges within TBI R&D including unmet needs, clinical trial design and alternative R&D approaches, the potential of biomarkers, regulatory hurdles and ethical issues
- Clinical and commercial analysis of key Phase III TBI drug candidates and point-of-care diagnostic devices
- An assessment of the potential financial TBI market, with seven major market forecasts to 2020 for key pipeline drug candidates and point-of-care diagnostic devices
Key Topics Covered:
1. EXECUTIVE SUMMARY
2. TRAUMATIC BRAIN INJURY: DISEASE BACKGROUND
3. THE EPIDEMIOLOGY AND FINANCIAL IMPLICATIONS OF TBI
4. THE CURRENT MANAGEMENT OF TBI
5. THE MAJOR CHALLENGES OF TBI RESEARCH AND DEVELOPMENT (R&D)
6. UNMET NEEDS IN THE TBI MARKET
7. TBI THERAPEUTIC PIPELINE ANALYSIS
8. OVERVIEW OF KEY ACADEMIC AND GOVERNMENTAL TBI RESEARCH
9. POTENTIAL TBI BIOMARKERS
10. TBI POINT OF CARE DIAGNOSTIC DEVICES PIPELINE ANALYSIS
11. FINANCIAL FORECAST OF THE POTENTIAL TBI MARKET
12. COMPANY BRIEFS
- Banayan Biomarkers Inc.
- BHR Pharma LLC
- Biodirection Inc.
- Brainscope Company Inc.
- Cerora Inc.
- ElMindA Ltd.
- Grace Laboratories LLC
- KeyNeurotek Pharmaceuticals AG
- Luoxis Diagnostics
- Neuro Assessment Systems
- Neurohealing Pharmaceuticals
- Neuren Pharmaceuticals Ltd.
- Neurovive Pharmaceuticals AB
- Oxygen Biotherapeutics Inc.
- Phlogistix LLC
- Remedy Pharmaceuticals Inc.
- SFC Fluidics LLC
- TEVA Pharmaceutical Industries Ltd.
For more information visit http://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/9g6hkc/traumatic_brain