SUNNYVALE, Calif.--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Aerohive Networks® (NYSE:HIVE) today introduced its completely updated HiveManager® Next Generation cloud management platform for mobile-first organizations. The easy onboarding, streamlined user experience, and simplified troubleshooting offered by this release make it ideal for education customers, yet powerful enough for any enterprise. The combination of HiveManager Next Generation with Aerohive’s new 802.11ac access point, the AP130, delivers a complete mobility solution.
- As organizations seek to take advantage of mobile technologies to engage their customers, inspire their students, promote collaboration, and ultimately improve the performance of the organization they need the foundation of a robust, scalable, and easy to manage Wi-Fi infrastructure.
- In Education, great teaching works together with tablets, laptops, smart boards, online curricula, and collaboration tools to promote student achievement. Schools now need to evolve their classrooms to build a platform for digital education.
- Aerohive is introducing a complete mobility solution for mobile-first organizations that combines the elegance, simplicity, and power of its HiveManager NG cloud management system with a new, powerful, and economical 802.11ac AP130.
- HiveManager NG is Aerohive’s enterprise-class, cloud-enabled network management solution. This next-generation cloud platform centralizes the management, provisioning, and monitoring of mobility networks, without sacrificing the distributed intelligence located at the edge of the network within each Aerohive device. HiveManager NG can scale from a small, basic network to cover a larger, complex network with seamless upgradeability and simplicity.
- With HiveManager NG, a customer can completely deploy and configure an entire enterprise-class network in less than 15 minutes. HiveManager NG sets a new standard for simplicity and flexibility in unified networking by combining streamlined configuration workflows, real-time client and event monitoring, intuitive network status and usage dashboards, simplified troubleshooting, versatile RF planner tools, and API integrations.
- HiveManager NG also includes a helpdesk-optimized troubleshooting console, which includes automatic discovery and diagnoses of client issues. The enhanced client monitor capability detects when a client has connectivity issues, immediately begins collecting information about the problem, and then offers a recommended solution to resolve it.
- As part of its complete mobility solution, Aerohive is also launching the AP130, an enterprise-grade 2x2, 2-stream, 802.11ac access point. With the AP130, organizations can now upgrade their wireless networks to 802.11ac without having to upgrade existing Power over Ethernet (PoE) infrastructure.
- Aerohive’s AP130 supports complete application visibility and control functionality including reporting, stateful firewall, and powerful Aerohive Quality of Service (QoS), which assures prioritization of the data traffic and data rate limits for different users, groups of users and devices. Aerohive’s AP130 is a cost effective solution enabling schools to deploy high speed Wi-Fi into every classroom.
Pricing and Availability
- HiveManager NG is available today for all new customers. Existing customers with a current support contract are eligible to upgrade at no additional cost.
- Aerohive’s AP130 is available today for $649 US list.
- Aerohive has offered previews of AP130 and HiveManager NG as part of recent E-rate projects. For a demo go to: http://www.aerohive.com/cloud/
- HiveManager Next Generation
- Aerohive’s AP130
- Aerohive’s Enterprise Wi-Fi for K-12 and Higher Education
“HiveManager NG resets expectations for what it means to build and manage a Wi-Fi network and support an ‘always connected’ organization,” said David Greene, chief marketing officer, Aerohive Networks. “A mobility infrastructure with better access, more control, and simpler troubleshooting means more time and resources to focus on student achievement, customer engagement, employee productivity, and business growth.”
“The transition to online testing, coupled with our BYOD initiatives, proved the necessity for a robust, wireless network that supported the increased demand for digital learning at our university,” said Webster Alfonso, Manager of Network Services, Fresno Pacific University. "Aerohive’s upgraded HiveManger NG cloud-based management platform gives us improved manageability and troubleshooting capabilities in one easy to use and easy to navigate central location. Furthermore, the new AP130 provides us with the high density and performance to properly support our wireless initiatives across the entire campus, while allowing us to seamlessly scale our network to 802.11ac.”
“With the increase of BYOD and 1:1 initiatives, educational institutions are facing an enormous mobility challenge today,” said Matthias Machowinski, directing analyst, enterprise networks and video, Infonetics Research. “Today’s schools need to rethink how they are architecting network infrastructure to handle the added burden, starting with network management. Aerohive’s HiveManager NG cloud platform provides easy onboarding, streamlined user experience and simplified troubleshooting, making this new solution ideal for a school, yet powerful enough for any enterprise.”
Safe Harbor Statement
This press release contains forward-looking statements, including statements regarding new Aerohive product and service offerings and statements regarding their expected performance, market receptiveness and competitive advantage. These forward-looking statements are based on current expectations and are subject to inherent uncertainties, risks and changes in circumstances that are difficult or impossible to predict. The actual outcomes and results may differ materially from those contemplated by these forward-looking statements as a result of these uncertainties, risk and changes in circumstances, including, but not limited to, risks and uncertainties related to: our ability to continue to attract, integrate, retain and train skilled personnel, general demand for wireless networking in the industry verticals targeted or demand for Aerohive products in particular, unpredictable and changing market conditions, risks associated with the deployment, performance and adoption of new products and services, risks associated with our growth, competitive pressures from existing and new companies, technological change, product development delays, our inability to protect Aerohive intellectual property or to predict or limit exposure to third party claims relating to its or Aerohive's intellectual property, and general market, political, regulatory, economic and business conditions in the United States and internationally.
Additional risks and uncertainties that could affect Aerohive’s financial and operating results are included under the captions "Risk Factors" and "Management's Discussion and Analysis of Financial Condition and Results of Operations," in the Company’s recent annual report on Form 10-K. Aerohive’s SEC filings are available on the Investor Relations section of the Company’s website at http://ir.aerohive.com and on the SEC's website at www.sec.gov. All forward-looking statements in this press release are based on information available to the Company as of the date hereof, and Aerohive Networks disclaims any obligation to update the forward-looking statements provided to reflect events that occur or circumstances that exist after the date on which they were made, except as required by law.
About Aerohive Networks
Aerohive (NYSE:HIVE) enables our customers to simply and confidently connect to the information, applications, and insights they need to thrive. Our simple, scalable, and secure platform delivers mobility without limitations. For our over 19,000 customers worldwide, every access point is a starting point. Aerohive was founded in 2006 and is headquartered in Sunnyvale, CA. For more information, please visit http://www.aerohive.com, call us at 408-510-6100, follow us on Twitter @Aerohive, subscribe to our blog, join our community or become a fan on our Facebook page.
“Aerohive” and “HiveManager” are registered trademarks of Aerohive Networks, Inc. All product and company names used herein are trademarks or registered trademarks of their respective owners. All rights reserved.