EMERYVILLE, Calif.--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Tanium, the company that has redefined security and systems management, announced today the availability of the Tanium Endpoint Platform 6.5, including a series of new and enhanced capabilities that extend the game-changing platform that took the world by storm in 2014, and is in production with more than half of the Fortune 100 today. Tanium also today announced that it received an additional investment of $52 million from Andreessen Horowitz to help further fuel growth and meet explosive market demand, including accelerating the velocity of product innovation and expanding operations to support the Global 2000 customer segment.
Endpoint security failures have been at the root of every high-profile security breach announced recently. Connected devices such as laptops, servers, Point of Sale systems and ATMs have been repeatedly targeted and compromised by attackers, and security teams have been hard-pressed to catch them fast enough to prevent damage and lost data. Those teams can’t move fast enough because the tools being used to secure and manage endpoints in many environments are based on decades-old designs, which were never intended to deliver the speed and scale needed to deal with aggressive attackers. Without the ability to detect and remediate threats in a timely manner, companies are instead spending most of their time using post-breach investigation tools – analyzing how badly they were attacked after the damage is already done.
With Tanium, for the first time, security and IT operations teams have 15-second visibility and control over every endpoint, even across the largest and most complex global networks. Now both security and IT operations teams can see exactly what is going on across every endpoint to detect and remediate threats and issues across millions of endpoints in seconds – more than 10,000 times faster than any other endpoint tool. Tanium also provides a dramatic reduction in server infrastructure costs – from hundreds of management servers down to a single server.
The core of the Tanium Endpoint Platform is its patented endpoint communications architecture. Coupled with Google-like search capabilities, the communications architecture makes it easy for security and IT operations teams to access and use real-time endpoint data to make better decisions and take action at scale within seconds. With Tanium, you can ask a question in natural language about the state of your endpoints, know seconds later their current state, and then take action to change endpoints as needed. Examples of actions include isolating a machine to a quarantined network, alerting users, killing processes, deploying a patch or deleting files. Remediation actions now complete in seconds across millions of endpoints, instead of the days or weeks that existing tools require.
New and enhanced capabilities and modules of the Tanium platform include:
- Enhanced Natural Language Parser: enable security and IT operations teams to ask even more types of questions of endpoints with greater ease and receive answers back within seconds
- Improved Scalability: enable deployment of up to millions of endpoints from a single management server
- Tanium IOC Detect: make threat intelligence actionable for security teams by integrating and automating structured threat intelligence data from third-party and internal tools into the Tanium platform to quickly detect Indicators of Compromise
- Tanium Incident Response: give Incident Response teams the ability to hunt, contain and neutralize attacks at global scale in seconds. Tanium provides a wide array of out-of-the-box sensors and actions, as well as the ability to write custom sensors and actions. These are crucial to discovering attack artifacts, applying remediating actions directly to affected endpoints and verifying that compromises are properly eliminated.
- Tanium Patch: patch endpoints with unrivaled speed, flexibility, reliability and ease of maintenance, all from a single management server. IT operations teams gain visibility and reporting of patch status across every endpoint of interest and can create automated workflows tailored to the organization’s specific needs through customizable rules, views and dynamic groups. For example, teams can only apply certain types of patches to endpoints residing in branch office locations.
Integration with Third-Party Security and Management Tools
- Tanium Connect: enrich existing third-party tools, including security information event management (SIEM), big data and analytics, Configuration Management Database (CMDB) and help desk systems, with 15-second endpoint data to make better, faster decisions. For example, Tanium queries endpoints for anomalies and upon detection creates an alert in the SIEM to help investigate the threat faster and more efficiently.
“Enterprises and governments have used old, slow endpoint tools to manage their computers for so long that many IT teams have basically given up on getting accurate data or executing changes quickly,” said Orion Hindawi, co-founder and CTO at Tanium. “Tanium is a revelation for them. We owe it to our customers to keep pushing the limit on product innovation and to build out our platform with new capabilities to solve an even broader set of IT challenges - we collectively can’t afford the security and operations impacts caused by the antiquated toolsets people were forced to use prior to Tanium.”
The Tanium Endpoint Platform 6.5 is generally available as of March 31, 2015.
- Read the a16z blog post by Steven Sinofsky
- Register for the What’s New in Tanium 6.5 webinar
- Schedule a demo
- Request a free trial
Tanium gives the world’s largest enterprises and government organizations the unique power to secure, control and manage millions of endpoints across the enterprise within seconds. Serving as the “central nervous system” for enterprises, Tanium empowers security and IT operations teams to ask questions about the state of every endpoint across the enterprise in plain English, retrieve data on their current state and execute change as necessary, all within seconds. With the unprecedented speed, scale and simplicity of Tanium, organizations now have complete and accurate information on the state of endpoints at all times to more effectively protect against modern day threats and realize new levels of cost efficiency in IT operations. Visit us at www.tanium.com or follow us on Twitter at @Tanium.