TOKYO--(BUSINESS WIRE)--NetJapan, Inc., publisher of backup, recovery, and virtualization software solutions, announces ImageBoot, a free standalone software add-on that can boot ActiveImage Protector backup images as virtual machines using VMware or Hyper-V; providing an interim availability solution to bridge the gap between disaster and recovery.
ImageBoot bypasses the lengthy, resource intensive, and cumbersome physical to virtual conversion process, and boots directly from the backup. Backups can be booted as virtual machines in as little as two minutes. Changes made while running virtual machines from backups are saved as differential backup files. This allows for a more current restoration. ImageBoot uses the backup as a “Compact Spare Wheel” while repairing, testing software changes, or testing upgrades prior to deployment.
- Start a virtual machine from an ActiveImage Protector full, incremental or differential backup image.
- Eliminate lengthy physical to virtual conversions and restore processes.
- Support for VMware (WorkStation, Player, and Player Pro) and Microsoft Hyper-V Windows based hypervisors.
- ImageBoot Virtual machines behave as the original source machines.
- Supports UEFI and drives larger than 2TB.
- ImageBoot is a free download from NetJapan.
Additional Uses for ImageBoot
- Perform mock disaster drills to verify recoverability.
- Identifying and isolating points of failure by performing Postmortem Boot Analysis of the backup image and incremental files.
- Can serve as interim replacement server in the event of failure or while hardware is repaired or upgraded.
- Virtual migration testing.
- Testing system or application upgrades prior to deployment to a live environment.
- Verify the integrity of a backups.
ImageBoot software and support are available in Europe, Asia/Pacific and North America. NetJapan, Inc. distributes ImageBoot through authorized resellers, system integrators, business partners, distributors, and directly from NetJapan’s website.
For detailed product information please visit www.netjapan.com
NetJapan, Inc. was founded in 1996 and is a privately held company based in Tokyo, Japan that develops, markets, and supports the ActiveImage Protector, vStandby, vmGuardian, and ImageBoot lines of quality backup and recovery solutions.
Copyright © 2015 NetJapan, Inc. All rights reserved. NetJapan, ImageBoot, and ActiveImage Protector are registered trademarks of NetJapan, Inc. Other brands and product names mentioned in this news release are trademarks or registered trademarks of their respective holders.