BOSTON--(BUSINESS WIRE)--FlightView, the day-of-travel information company, continues to see rising demand for its flight information services and data worldwide. New international customers include Hong Kong Airlines, China Airlines, Punta Cana International Airport, online travel agent Qunar and aircraft manufacturer Embraer.
“Flight information plays a crucial role in how we operate internally and serve our customers,” said Mr. Li Diachun, Commercial Director at Hong Kong Airlines. “FlightView offers the most accurate and extensive data in the industry, and makes it easy to integrate its data feeds into our systems.”
FlightView’s market share, which today includes hundreds of airports, airlines and travel companies and millions of consumers, is quickly expanding into new international markets such as Asia, Europe and Australia:
- Qunar, one of China’s largest online travel agents, is now using FlightView’s data API to power its mobile flight status notifications.
- Embraer, a Brazilian manufacturer of commercial, military and executive aircrafts, is leveraging FlightView’s historical aviation reports to analyze non-scheduled general aviation flight patterns and find new markets for its aircrafts.
- Hong Kong Airlines is leveraging FlightView’s data API and codeshare information to fuel its Airport Operational Database and customer-facing flight-status properties.
- China Airlines is using FlightView’s data to show the status of connecting flights on the In-Flight Entertainment Systems in planes arriving at key hubs.
- Punta Cana International Airport, located in the Dominican Republic, has partnered with FlightView to build a responsive website to provide its customers with access to real-time information, in the best format, regardless of the type of device being used.
“Our customers expect easy, real-time access to flight information anytime, anywhere,” said Yang Wei, CEO of Qunar’s Ticketing Business Group. “FlightView’s data enables us to push proactive flight-status updates directly to our customers’ mobile devices. The partnership has improved the service we’re able to deliver to our customers, and increased our in-trip stickiness with travelers.”
Recent FlightView research has reaffirmed the importance of actionable day-of-travel information to the customer experience. In fact, a 2014 FlightView survey of 2,066 travelers found that 85 percent of travelers would be more likely to return to the provider (such as an OTA) that they purchased their ticket from if they were offered more valuable information during their trip. Another FlightView survey – conducted with 2,104 travelers – found that 93 percent of travelers expect airports to automatically push alerts to them regarding important day-of-travel information.
“We’re seeing companies get very creative in how they leverage travel data,” said Mike Benjamin, CEO of FlightView. “From powering back-end airport and airline operations and providing travelers with the information they need to analyzing the flight patterns of aircrafts, flight information is at the center of the travel ecosystem.”
For more information on FlightView, visit corporate.flightview.com, or download its latest industry report: Building Connected Airports that Enhance Customer Experience, Improve Operations and Drive Revenue.
FlightView is the go-to provider of real-time flight and day-of-travel information solutions for the travel and aviation industries. FlightView’s B2B customer base includes more than 600 businesses in the travel, technology, hospitality and general aviation sectors, including more than 200 major airports, airlines and online travel agents worldwide.
Also catering directly to consumers, FlightView offers top-rated travel apps for Android and iOS devices – which have been downloaded more than 3.5 million times – and a consumer flight-tracking website that serves more than 12 million unique visitors each year. FlightView is a wholly owned subsidiary of OAG, the market leader in aviation intelligence, and together they offer the most comprehensive, accurate and actionable flight status data worldwide.