WHEATON, Ill.--(BUSINESS WIRE)--The Board of Trustees of First Trust Energy Infrastructure Fund (the “Fund”) (NYSE: FIF), CUSIP 33738C103, previously approved a managed distribution policy for the Fund (the “Managed Distribution Plan”) in reliance on exemptive relief received from the Securities and Exchange Commission which permits the Fund to make periodic distributions of long-term capital gains as frequently as monthly each tax year.
The Fund has declared a distribution payable on March 16, 2015, to shareholders of record as of March 4, 2015, with an ex-dividend date of March 2, 2015. This Notice is meant to provide you information about the sources of your Fund’s distributions. You should not draw any conclusions about the Fund’s investment performance from the amount of its distribution or from the terms of its Managed Distribution Plan.
The following tables set forth the estimated amounts of the current distribution and the cumulative distributions paid this fiscal year to date for the Fund from the following sources: net investment income (“NII”); net realized short-term capital gains (“STCG”); net realized long-term capital gains (“LTCG”); and return of capital (“ROC”). These estimates are based upon information as of February 28, 2015, are calculated based on a generally accepted accounting principles (“GAAP”) basis and include the prior fiscal year-end undistributed net investment income. The amounts and sources of distributions are expressed per common share.
|5 Yr. Avg.|
|Annualized Current.||Annual Total|
|Fund||Fund||Fiscal||Total Current||Current Distribution ($)||Current Distribution (%)||Dist. Rate as a||Return|
|Cusip||Year End||Distribution||NII||STCG||LTCG||ROC (2)||NII||STCG||LTCG||ROC(2)||% of NAV(3)||on NAV(4)|
|Fund||Fund||Fiscal||Cumulative Fiscal YTD||Cumulative Distributions Fiscal YTD ($)||Cumulative Distributions Fiscal YTD (%)||Fiscal YTD Distributions as||YTD Total Return|
|Ticker||Cusip||Year End||Distributions(1)||NII||STCG||LTCG||ROC (2)||NII||STCG||LTCG||ROC(2)||a % of NAV(3)||on NAV(4)|
(1) Includes the most recent monthly distribution paid on March 16, 2015.
(2) The Fund estimates that it has distributed more than its income and net realized capital gains; therefore, a portion of your distribution may be a return of capital. A return of capital may occur, for example, when some or all of the money that you invested in the Fund is paid back to you. A return of capital distribution does not necessarily reflect the Fund’s investment performance and should not be confused with “yield” or “income.”
(3) Based on Net Asset Value (“NAV”) as of February 28, 2015.
(4) Total Returns are through February 28, 2015 and since the Fund’s inception was less than five years ago, the return included in the 5 Year Average Annual Total Return on NAV column is from September 27, 2011, the Fund’s inception, through February 28, 2015.
(5) The Fund anticipates that, due to the tax treatment of cash distributions made by Master Limited Partnerships in which the Fund invests, a portion of distributions the Fund makes to Common Shareholders may consist of a tax-deferred return of capital.
The amounts and sources of distributions reported in this Notice are only estimates and are not being provided for tax reporting purposes. The actual amounts and sources of the amounts for tax reporting purposes will depend upon the Fund’s investment experience during the remainder of its fiscal year and may be subject to changes based on tax regulations. The Fund will send you a Form 1099-DIV for the calendar year that will tell you how to report these distributions for federal income tax purposes. You should not use this Notice as a substitute for your Form 1099-DIV.
Certain statements made in this press release that are not historical facts are referred to as “forward-looking statements” under the U.S. federal securities laws. Actual future results or occurrences may differ significantly from those anticipated in any forward-looking statements due to numerous factors. Generally, the words “believe,” “expect,” “intend,” “estimate,” “anticipate,” “project,” “will” and similar expressions identify forward-looking statements, which generally are not historical in nature. Forward-looking statements are subject to certain risks and uncertainties that could cause actual results to differ from those anticipated in any forward-looking statements. You should not place undue reliance on forward-looking statements, which speak only as of the date they are made. The Fund undertakes no responsibility to update publicly or revise any forward-looking statements.