DUBLIN--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Research and Markets (http://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/2m2c4w/indoor_location) has announced the addition of the "Indoor Location Positioning Technology: Research, Solutions & Trends - 2015" report to their offering.
The indoor location area continues to explode. Mobile applications are reaching market that deliver the accuracy and reliability that users want. Chips are being made for next-generation smartphones and mobile devices that promise to bring universal indoor location positioning to the mass market. Proximity systems are changing how retail establishments understand and interact with their customers. New chips are poised to bring indoor location positioning to new Internet of Things and Smart Home devices and appliances. And new technologies are changing the capabilities, accuracy, and reliability of indoor location systems.
This report is the fifth in a series of reports on indoor location technologies. In past years, the biggest changes have been technological, in terms of approaches taken and how they were implemented. In this year's report, the biggest changes have been much more practical, in terms of achieving the accuracy that the market requires, integrating into back-end systems for retail and other industries, implementing in chips that bring the technology to mobile devices or next-generation appliances, and reducing the amount of work needed to deploy technology at particular sites.
This report details research and development from over 150 companies in the indoor location area.
Key Topics Covered:
- Indoor Location Trends since Our February 2014 Report
- Trends in Indoor Location R&D by Major Companies
- Trends in Indoor Location R&D by Start-Up Companies
- Future Trends in Indoor Location
- Indoor Location Positioning: Current State and Trends
- Indoor Location Positioning Methods and Their Tradeoffs
- Focus: Sub-Meter Indoor Location Positioning
- Focus: Chip-Based Indoor Location Positioning
- Focus: Simultaneous Localization and Mapping (SLAM)
- Focus: Bluetooth Low Energy Beacons
- Indoor Location R&D by Major Mobile Companies
- Indoor Location Technology R&D from Major Chip Manufacturers
- Indoor Location Technology R&D by Major Network Companies
- Indoor Location Technology R&D by Other Major Companies
- Start-up Companies with Indoor Location Systems on Smartphones
- Companies Delivering Indoor Location to the Mobile Industry
- Start-Up Companies Developing Pure Technology, not Solutions
- Companies with Technology Not Yet Productized
- Start-Up Companies with Indoor Location Systems for Analytics
- Start-Up Companies with Indoor Location Systems Based on Other Positioning Technology
- Companies with BLE Proximity Solutions
- Start-Up Companies Developing Chips-Based Indoor Location Technology
- Industrial (not Phone-Based) Indoor Location Systems
- Companies Holding Intellectual Property in Indoor Location
- Indoor Location Start-Up Locations that have Closed
For more information visit http://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/2m2c4w/indoor_location