Who: Jaunt, the technology company building the hardware and software to make truly immersive cinematic VR possible, will give a sneak peek at several pieces of brand new virtual reality content at South by Southwest® (SXSW®) 2015 in Austin, TX. The premiering content spans entertainment and lifestyle categories, showcasing the reach and creativity of this important new medium for artists, brands, and the creative community.
What: In collaboration with these top brands, artists and entertainers, Jaunt captured content using its proprietary 360-degree, stereoscopic 3D cameras as well as advanced 3D sound-field microphones. This enables Jaunt to place viewers right in the middle of scenes with complete freedom to look around in any direction and experience every moment as if they were actually there. From SXSW, Jaunt will debut:
- “The North Face VR”: Jaunt collaborated with The North Face, the world's premier supplier of authentic, innovative and technically advanced outdoor apparel, equipment and footwear, to create a groundbreaking VR experience that transports viewers to Yosemite National Park and Moab, Utah alongside athletes Cedar Wright and Sam Elias. SXSW attendees will get a sneak peek before the VR experience debuts at select The North Face retail locations in New York, San Francisco and Chicago later this month.
- REVOLT TV - “Blessings” Performance by Big Sean: Jaunt will preview concert content in collaboration with REVOLT TV, Sean Combs’ cable music network, before it goes public later this month. The new content captures footage from Grammy-nominated rapper Big Sean during his February 25th concert at the Hollywood & Highland Center. Come see Big Sean perform “Blessings” as if you were in the audience, and visit Jaunt at the REVOLT House on March 20th and 21st.
- Yahoo’s Exclusive Presentation of Paul Feig’s “Other Space”: Jaunt collaborated with Yahoo and Director Paul Feig to create the “Other Space” VR Experience. Feig is showing the content in Austin first, before it releases online in April.
Where: There are multiple locations across SXSW to experience this content:
- Jaunt will set up headquarters in the Hilton Downtown Austin, giving demos from a hotel suite with plenty of room to relax and take a break from bustling SXSW. They will be showing all of the above content and more.
- Additionally, Google Cardboard is showcasing select Jaunt content at the Google Fiber Space at SXSW; stop by to check out The North Face VR experience and Big Sean’s concert exclusively on Google Cardboard.
- To see Paul Feig’s content, stop by Yahoo’s Brazos Hall.
When: The new content is available for demo beginning Friday, March 13 at the above listed locations. It will be available throughout SXSW Interactive.
Media Contact: The Jaunt team is available to give personal demos of the new content to members of the press. To schedule a meeting with Jaunt and experience cinematic VR at SXSW, or for more information about the content, please reach out to: Miles Perkins at email@example.com; or Victoria Butler at firstname.lastname@example.org, 415-848-7178.
About Jaunt: Jaunt is developing the hardware, software, tools, and applications to enable cinematic VR and put the power of virtual reality in the hands of today’s best content creators. Jaunt’s algorithms for complex computational photography allow content producers to create incredible immersive 360 degree, stereoscopic 3-D, cinematic VR experiences using existing production software. The company’s investors include Highland Capital Partners, Google Ventures, Redpoint Ventures, Peter Gotcher, Blake Krikorian, and British Sky Broadcasting (corporate.sky.com). Experience more at www.jauntvr.com.