CAMBRIDGE, Mass.--(BUSINESS WIRE)--MIT Sloan Executive Education announced today the availability of five new open enrollment programs designed for executives and C-suite professionals across a diverse spectrum of industries. Courses respond to emerging business trends with immediate relevance to executives and will cover topics ranging from global monetary policy and product platforms to leadership development and innovation. Starting in early March, the new executive courses include:
- Understanding the Transformation and Globalization of Monetary Policy (March 9-10, 2015) Kristin Forbes, Jerome and Dorothy Lemelson professor of management and professor of global economics and management, examines how decisions like the Swiss National Bank’s abolishment of the cap on the Swiss franc can have immediate repercussions on business and banks alike. The course will help executives understand global monetary policy, where it may be heading and how its transformation can impact countries and companies around the world.
- Managing Product Platforms: Delivering Variety and Realizing Synergies (April 2-3, 2015) Dive into the product platform strategies of companies like GE and Airbus as course leader, Bruce Cameron, explains how commonality between product platforms can help companies develop better products more easily, improve product families and lifecycle management, and increase corporate profitability.
- Investment Management Theory and Practice: A CIMA® Certification Registered Program (June 1-July 31, 2015) Professor of Finance, Andrew Lo, helps qualified candidates understand the financial and investment concepts, theories, models, and strategies needed for CIMA® certification through this online program
- The Innovator’s DNA: Mastering the Five Skills for Disruptive Innovation (June 30-July 1, 2015) Executive director of the MIT Leadership Center, Hal Gregersen, will help professionals master the five key skills that develop more valuable ideas through self-assessment, catalytic questioning, deep observation, diverse networking, and rapid experimentation.
- Innovation and Images: Exploring the Intersections of Leadership and Photography (October 15-17, 2015) Discover how photography can help reframe business challenges, rework leadership style and gain more powerful modes of inquiry as Hal Gregersen, executive director of the MIT Leadership Center, explores the intersection between photography and leadership.
“In an increasingly competitive and global business environment in which the pace of change seems to be accelerating exponentially, we combine rigorous conceptual frameworks with practical analytic and management tools for innovative leaders throughout the organization,” said Peter Hirst, executive director of MIT Sloan Executive Education. “These new programs leverage the latest research from MIT Sloan faculty, high-impact peer learning and networking, delivered on our advanced educational platforms, on-line and in-person. They provide condensed, authentic MIT experiences that accommodate the demanding schedules of the executives and senior managers who rely on our programs to prepare for and create the future of their businesses and their careers.”
MIT Sloan Executive Education’s new open enrollment course offerings compliment an in-depth catalog of recurring courses that further strengthen their position as a leader in business and leadership development for C-suite executives and professionals. MIT Sloan Executive Certificate tracks include Management and Leadership; Strategy and Innovation; and Technology, Operations, and Value Chain Management. To be eligible for an Executive Certificate, participating professionals must complete four programs—with at least three of the four programs coming from their chosen certificate track—within a four year period. Organizations interested in MIT Sloan Executive Education can bring the MIT experience to their office through Custom Programs designed by MIT Sloan faculty to address ongoing issues within the organization.
About MIT Sloan Executive Education
MIT Sloan Executive Education programs are designed for senior executives and high-potential managers from around the world. From intensive two-day courses focused on a particular area of interest, to executive certificates covering a range of management topics, to custom engagements addressing the specific business challenges of a particular organization, our portfolio of non-degree, executive education and management programs provides business professionals with a targeted and flexible means to advance their career development goals and position their organizations for future growth. Those interested in taking part in Understanding the Transformation and Globalization of Monetary Policy; Managing Product Platforms: Delivering Variety and Realizing Synergies; Investment Management Theory and Practice: A CIMA® Certification Registered Program; The Innovator’s DNA: Mastering the Five Skills for Disruptive Innovation; Innovation and Images: Exploring the Intersections of Leadership and Photography; or any of the other open enrollment courses taught by MIT faculty, are invited to register at http://executive.mit.edu.