KUALA LUMPUR, Malaysia--(BUSINESS WIRE)--This March, explore a typical career life cycle and discover how you can apply valuable skills to gain a competitive edge in your career. Invest in the new skills and abilities that are in demand in today’s competitive job market and improve your employability.
Every career is as unique as the individual pursuing it. However, there are some common elements to every career that can pave the way to professional success. Wiley, a global provider of content and content-enabled workflow solutions in areas of scientific, technical, medical, and scholarly research; professional development; and education, is partnering with three major book retailers in Malaysia in the month of March to launch a new career competency awareness campaign called, “Wiley Lifelong Learning”.
The Wiley Lifelong Learning campaign aims to provide support to individuals who aspire to succeed in their careers. Wiley’s new range of products and offerings are designed for good quality continuing education and training as an indispensible foundation for vocational training, lifelong learning and employability.
“Throughout Wiley’s history we have provided tools and resources to enhance lifelong learning across a wide range of professional activity. Our aim, as always, is to help an individual grow, develop, and succeed as practitioners, professionals and managers,” said Erik Thrasher, General Manager and Marketing Director, Professional Development Asia, John Wiley & Sons, Inc.
Providing support at every stage
Every individual will experience at least a few of five common milestones in their career. From March 2015, customers can check out what a typical career life cycle looks like at 16 local bookstore outlets in Johor Bahru, Kuala Lumpur and Penang.
A Typical Career Life Cycle with Five Stages:
- Launch Your Career: Wiley offers tools that help graduates and working professionals enter and succeed in the workplace.
- Certify Your Skills: From accounting to technology, Wiley guides help professionals pass the exams, earn the credentials, and stand out from the pack.
- Make Change Happen: Enhance discovery and advance innovation with Wiley’s major reference works, books, journals, and databases in the health, life, physical, and social sciences and humanities.
- Reach Your Potential: Build practical skills, grow a professional practice and educate others, with Wiley workplace learning tools and books.
Legacy and Leadership
- Become a Leader: When you’ve reached the top, it’s time to turn success into inspiration.
Wiley Lifelong Learning Website (Malaysia Edition)
A dedicated website (http://bit.ly/learnsomemore) offers value-added learning resources to enable individuals to learn more about Wiley’s products and offerings; contest; and updates on social media.
Featuring notable authors namely, Gary Hamel, James Kouzes, Barry Posner, David Meerman Scott, Alexander Elder, William H. Saito and Dan Gookin, among others, the site will offer tips, insights and expert advice on how to improve skills on communication, innovation, teamwork, technology, leadership, management, customer relations, etc. These contents are available in various formats including videos, free downloadable sample e-books and a series of promoted articles.
Invest in Yourself and Save 20%
From 1 - 31 March 2015, customers can enjoy a 20% discount on all Wiley’s offerings at participating bookstore outlets. Discounts are also applicable for all Wiley imprints including, For Dummies, Jossey-Bass, Capstone, Bloomberg Press and Sybex.
Customers who purchase Wiley’s promotional items during this period will stand to win attractive prizes worth up to RM3,500.
Participating bookstore outlets include:
- Borders: Queensbay Mall, Bangsar Village II, The Curve and The Gardens Mall.
- Times: Bangsar and Pavillion.
- Popular: Ikano Power Centre, Gurney Plaza, Jusco Tebrau City Shopping Center, Sunway Pyramid, AEON Bukit Tinggi Shopping Centre, Empire Shopping Gallery, IOI Mall, Paradigm Mall, Avenue K and Cheras Leisure Mall.
Wiley's Professional Development business creates products and services that help customers become more effective in the workplace and achieve career success. It brings to life the ideas and best practices of thought leaders in business, finance, accounting, workplace learning, management, leadership, technology, behavioral health, engineering/architecture, and education to serve these communities worldwide.