WALTHAM, Mass.--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Quantia, Inc. (Quantia), the Physician Engagement Platform, today announced key findings from the first in a series of reports on the impact of QuantiaMD on patient care. This initial Quantia Impact Report finds that on average, 72 percent of physicians increased their confidence in managing chronic conditions and delivered better clinical outcomes after participating in expert-led content on QuantiaMD.
These findings are significant when coupled with the fact that an estimated half of current medical knowledge becomes obsolete every five years. Results like these suggest that when relevant clinical content is delivered by trusted experts in a convenient online format, physicians report changes to the way they think about and practice medicine.
The report is based on a panel of physicians who had interacted with specific, expert-led content segments on QuantiaMD on the topics of chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), hypertension, and asthma management within the past 30 to 90 days, and had since cared for patients with the conditions. Below is an overview of the survey results:
Asthma management survey results (n=399), based on QuantiaMD content segment “Managing Asthma Exacerbations: An Action Plan,” presented by James T. Good, JR, MD:
- 72% of respondents reported that QuantiaMD content has influenced how they manage acute asthma exacerbations in their patients
- 78% of respondents reported that their rate of success in breaking asthma attacks improved since interacting with the content
- Respondents’ confidence levels in treating asthma patients nearly doubled since interacting with the content
Hypertension management survey results (n=484), based on QuantiaMD content segment “Systolic BP Control in the Elderly: New Insights,” presented by George L. Bakris, MD, FASN, FASH:
- 77% of respondents reported that QuantiaMD content has influenced how they manage hypertension in their elderly patients
- 69% of respondents reported that they have adopted a new standard of hypertension management since interacting with the content
- 76% of respondents reported increased confidence in their ability to help patients achieve and maintain target blood pressure levels since interacting with the content
COPD management survey results (n=967) based on QuantiaMD content segment “The Updated GOLD Guidelines for COPD,” presented by Ravi Kalhan, MD, MS, FCCP:
- 67% of respondents reported that QuantiaMD content has influenced how they diagnose, evaluate, and treat COPD patients
- 77% reported that they have adopted a standard test to evaluate symptom severity since interacting with the content
- 68% reported that they have observed better outcomes among COPD patients since interacting with the content and applying what they learned
“The potential cost savings associated with better management of chronic conditions such as asthma, COPD, and hypertension are significant – millions of dollars in savings could be realized based on these relatively small survey populations alone, not to mention the improved quality of life for people who suffer from these conditions,” said Mike Coyne, CEO of Quantia. “Health systems are finding that our platform helps them better engage their physicians on a variety of topics like this where they learn can from them, gather feedback, and collaborate to improve performance.”
Quantia’s Physician Engagement Platform enables health systems and life sciences companies to deliver their own content– such as evidence-based guidelines, disease state education, and more—to their target physicians within the same educational format that QuantiaMD members enjoy and trust. The platform also offers leadership a window into physicians’ attitudes and behaviors on these topics, leveraging built-in polls and surveys, to help gain physician buy-in on key organizational initiatives and drive change.
For complete details, visit http://info.quantia-inc.com/scope.
Quantia is on a mission to nurture the wisdom of the physician community – and tap into it to deliver better care. Every day, our membership of over 225,000 physicians (about 1 in 3 nationwide) visits the award-winning web and mobile community QuantiaMD to learn from top experts and collaborate on a wide range of topics. Our blend of expert-led content, gamification, and social framework creates an environment physicians want to explore, serving up high quality interactions that inspire change. Health system and life sciences organizations use this platform to boost engagement among physicians, improving performance and delivering higher quality, more consistent care. Learn more at www.quantia-inc.com.