DUBLIN--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Research and Markets (http://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/m88c4p/investment) has announced the addition of the "Investment Analysis of the European Medical Device Sector" report to their offering.
This investment analysis in the European medical device sector presents various venture capital investments, private equity investments, and mergers and acquisitions in this sector. The analysis is based on the number and average value of the deals as well as deal volume. Additionally, trends are observed based on the geographic region and buyer integration.
The study delves into the nature of cross border deals and keeps account of various deal multiples such as enterprise value, percent sought, and stock premium rise of target companies. Strategic conclusions based on key trends are provided. The study period is from January 1, 2010 to November 18, 2014.
Key Investment Findings:
- The European medical device sector witnessed a decline in both volume and value of venture capital (VC) investments during the study period from 2010 to 2014.
- While private equity (PE) deals did not show much variation in terms of volume between 2010 and 2013, deal value showed a tremendous increase in the same period.
- The decrease in mergers and acquisitions (M&A) volume was marginal; however, the decreases in M&A value was quite significant between 2010 and 2013.
- In terms of integration type, medical device companies are the top buyers.
- Initial public offerings (IPO) in the industry show a promising exit route for participants in the European medical device sector.
Key Topics Covered:
1. Executive Summary
2. Key Terms Used in the Study
4. Key Trends Affecting the Medical Device Sector
5. Venture Capital Investments
6. Private Equity Investments
7. Mergers and Acquisitions Analysis
8. Transaction Details
For more information visit http://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/m88c4p/investment