AUSTIN, Texas--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Zenoss Inc., a leading provider of unified IT monitoring and service analytics for physical, virtual, and cloud-based IT infrastructures, today announced the availability of Zenoss 5.
“With its extensibility, visualization and other capabilities, Zenoss 5 serves as a single platform for monitoring that can scale with enterprise applications and Big Data while simplifying operations so teams can focus on the critical business services they deliver,” said Jay Lyman, Research Manager, Infrastructure Software, 451 Research. “The latest version of the software enables customers to achieve scalability, flexibility and efficiency while reducing the cost of operations with simplified, unified monitoring as part of a more agile, DevOps approach.”
Zenoss 5 leverages state-of-the-art technologies including Docker, within the Zenoss Control Center, and Apache HBase within Big Data Hadoop to deliver high-fidelity monitoring at scale that gives IT operations a unified, service-centric view of application infrastructure and the intelligence required to quickly and cost-effectively avoid service disruptions.
“Zenoss 5 fundamentally changes the game,” said Greg Stock, Chairman and CEO of Zenoss. “Driven by innovation, we are proud to deliver the first scalable, model-based platform that enables our customers and partners to manage IT environments of any size and complexity without compromise.”
Zenoss 5 utilizes a next generation microservices application architecture to dramatically improve performance monitoring, scalability, availability and usability including:
- Big Data Scale: Powered by HBase on Hadoop, Zenoss delivers near real-time performance monitoring (millions of data points per second) that elastically scales to meet business demands.
- Zenoss Control Center: Simplified, centralized administration, automated self-monitoring and end-to-end management and orchestration of Zenoss 5.
- Maximum Infrastructure Utilization: Use resource pools and capacity-aware job scheduling to dynamically allocate resources automatically through Zenoss Control Center.
- Intelligent Analytics: Mash up event, performance and configuration data and share insights easily with other team members and groups for more effective collaboration.
- Proactive Policy Management: Use events to drive automated monitoring policies, reducing costs and minimizing outages through better root cause data and proactive performance anomaly detection.
- Collector Load Balancing: Monitored resources can now be automatically balanced across multiple collectors with real-time streaming to achieve massive and efficient scale.
- Health Status: Architected to ensure visibility into the health and status of critical IT operations in the cloud with automatic recovery services.
- Disaster Recovery: Integrated online backup and restore supports zero downtime backups.
- Snapshot and Rollback: Apply configuration changes or patches with the ability to quickly roll back or roll forward changes on any part of the platform.
“We believe Zenoss Service Dynamics 5 will have a huge impact on reducing the operational overhead associated with monitoring our business-critical services and infrastructure,” stated Sreenatha Timmareddy, Senior Engineering Manager, Systems Architecture at NetApp. “As keeping up with highly complex, dynamic environments is critical for web-scale infrastructure and service monitoring.”
Zenoss is a leading provider of unified IT monitoring and service analytics software for physical, virtual, and cloud-based IT infrastructures. Offered on-premise or as a cloud service, only Zenoss scales to deliver service-centric monitoring, root-cause isolation and operational intelligence that adapts in near real-time to today’s most complex and dynamic IT environments. Over 35,000 organizations worldwide have deployed Zenoss to manage their networks, servers, virtual devices, storage, and cloud infrastructure, gaining visibility and control of their IT operations.