NUREMBERG, Germany--(BUSINESS WIRE)--AdaCore, the leading provider of commercial software solutions for the Ada programming language, today released GNAT Pro 7.3, the latest version of the company’s flagship Ada Development Environment. GNAT Pro 7.3 incorporates performance improvements, new functionality, and many other enhancements. It is part of the annual cycle of a major release for the company’s products, and Q1 2015 will also see new versions of the CodePeer deep static analysis tool for Ada and the SPARK Pro verification environment for high-integrity software, as well as the launch of the QGen model-based development and verification tool for Simulink® and Stateflow® models.
GNAT Pro includes a full Ada compiler, Integrated Development Environments – the GNAT Programming Studio (GPS) and the Eclipse-based GNATbench – a comprehensive toolset including a visual debugger, and an extensive set of libraries and bindings.
GNAT Pro 7.3 incorporates upgraded technology for the back end (GCC 4.9) and debugger (GDB 7.8) and includes more than 175 new features, many of which are based on customer recommendations. Enhancements include the following:
- improved diagnostic messages
- fine-grained control over the treatment of warnings
- extended support for non-default endianness
- a math library on bare-board platforms, designed for use in safety-certified systems
- support for large files on 32-bit systems
- improved handling of inlining
- overflow checks enabled by default
- enhanced code generation and debugging capabilities
In addition, most GNAT Pro tools now support aggregate projects. For more efficient performance a number of tools, including GNAT2XML and GNATmetric , can take advantage of parallel and incremental processing, and GNATtest now supports the stubbing of units.
”For more than 15 years now, new versions of GNAT Pro have been released annually according to schedule and at a level of quality required for building and maintaining mission- and safety-critical systems” said Cyrille Comar, President of AdaCore. “The challenge then and now is to provide the right balance between a high level of stability and the constant need for evolution and innovation. The latest version of GNAT Pro shows that we have met this challenge, allowing our customers to actively maintain their long-lived systems without being hampered by obsolete techniques and technology.”
Founded in 1994, AdaCore supplies software development and verification tools for mission-critical, safety-critical, and security-critical systems. Four flagship products highlight the company’s offerings:
- The GNAT Pro development environment for Ada, a complete toolset for designing, implementing, and managing applications that demand high reliability and maintainability,
- The CodePeer advanced static analysis tool, an automatic Ada code reviewer and validator that can detect and eliminate errors both during development and retrospectively on existing software,
- The SPARK Pro verification environment, a toolset based on formal methods and oriented towards high-assurance systems, and
- The QGen model-based development tool, a qualifiable and customizable code generator and verifier for Simulink® and Stateflow® models, intended for safety-critical control systems.
Over the years customers have used AdaCore products to field and maintain a wide range of critical applications in domains such as space systems, commercial avionics, military systems, air traffic management/control, rail systems, medical devices, and financial services. AdaCore has an extensive and growing world-wide customer base; see www.adacore.com/customers/ for further information.
AdaCore products are open source and come with expert on-line support provided by the developers themselves. The company has North American headquarters in New York and European headquarters in Paris. www.adacore.com