DUBLIN--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Research and Markets (http://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/bbld5x/public_wifi) has announced the addition of the "Public Wi-Fi Worldwide: Opportunities and Strategies for Mobile Operators in the Age of Pervasive LTE" report to their offering.
This Viewpoint provides analysis and insights on public Wi-Fi data traffic trends, consumer behaviour and business models. It suggests new opportunities and strategies to maximise public Wi-Fi monetisation, which will come under more pressure as LTE penetration increases.
This report analyses the importance of public Wi-Fi networks in the context of the commercialisation of LTE. LTE's prominence raises several questions and concerns about deploying and monetising public Wi-Fi networks.
This report provides insights into public Wi-Fi data traffic trends worldwide and focuses on some of the key countries. It examines how consumers behave with regard to public Wi-Fi in an LTE world. It provides an overview of public Wi-Fi business models for mobile network operators (MNOs) and suggests innovative ways to monetise public Wi-Fi.
It is based on several sources:
- Wireless network traffic worldwide: forecasts and analysis 2014-2019
- Inside-out wireless networks for fixed operators: the technical and commercial challenges of HetNets
- The Connected Consumer Survey 2015
- interviews with relevant telecoms operators.
Who needs to read this report
- Mobile and fixed network operators' strategy teams.
- Operators that have already launched public Wi-Fi services.
- Operators that have mobile spectrum and are considering launching Wi-Fi services.
- Wi-Fi aggregators or wholesale access providers.
- Wi-Fi platform providers or innovative Wi-Fi software solution vendors.
This report focuses on public Wi-Fi usage - it is not intended to address home or office (private') Wi-Fi usage.
- Analyses the role and importance of public Wi-Fi in light of mobile network operators (MNOs) commercialising, implementing and monetising LTE
- Provides insights into public Wi-Fi traffic trends worldwide and particularly focuses on some of the key countries
- Looks at consumer behaviour around public Wi-Fi
- Examines public Wi-Fi business models for MNOs
- Suggests innovative ways to monetise public Wi-Fi networks.
Key questions answered in this report
- What is the position of public Wi-Fi in different countries worldwide?
- What are the public Wi-Fi and mobile data traffic trends?
- How is consumer Wi-Fi behaviour evolving in an LTE world?
- What are the main operational Wi-Fi business models?
- Can operators make money from Wi-Fi? If yes, how?
- How can operators ensure that their Wi-Fi investments remain relevant and valuable?
Key Topics Covered:
- Executive summary
- Analysis of public Wi-Fi usage trends worldwide
- Consumer behaviour around Wi-Fi and LTE
- Public Wi-Fi business models and opportunities
For more information visit http://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/bbld5x/public_wifi